Reaction score
I just realised the website was one year old on the 7th July. No prizes for guessing why there wasn't a big celebration that day. Nik, you're obviously not from London to launch a website on that day.

Who's got the oldest Trophy on here? And who has done the most miles?

Reaction score
Hi Audrey

298 has a couple under 7000 miles, a couple over on the way home from work (50 miles a day!) I've had it since the 11th April and done 5000 miles in those 3 months.

Day

Reaction score
(trophy) (trophy)
happybday.gif
(trophy) (trophy)

Well, a year has almost past since the 15th July which was when the site went live to us mere mortals.

Quite an acheivement really seeing as I don't think Nik expected the site to take off like it has.

Perhaps you'd all like to chip in and buy Nik a cake/beer/trackday :lol:

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cheers guys, I hadn't realised it was a year already :D

A bit of pre-cliotrophy.co.uk history:

I'd just bought some new web hosting because the space I was supplied by my ISP would always blow its bandwidth limits when I posted a trackday video for example. As part of the deal I was given a free domain name, and as i'd had my Trophy about 2 weeks at this point and ClioTrophy.co.uk was free, I registered that.

At the time Cliosport were looking at moving to a new forum and were evaluating the alternatives available. I'd seen phpBB used quite widely so thought i'd have a go installing it to see how easy it was to do.

There was no intention to set up this site at that point really, i imagined that a few years down the line then there may be more interest a bit like Williams Clio, but didn't think people would be that interested while the cars were new.

As far as I remember, the only person I showed the test forum to was Day. The word spread and a few other friends signed up. Then on 23rd August, someone posted a thread on Cliosport with the numbers 1 - 500 listed down the page asking people to post their name by their number. The first person to reply quoted the whole list again etc... This clearly wan't going to work so i set up the Trophy Owners Register section on the forum, and posted a link on Cliosport so people could log them here. You'll notice the large number of new members signing up from this date. Everything just evolved from here really.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Audrey 286 said:
We'll have to celebrate at TRAX and/or World Series at Donington?
Can we have a big party?

Well done to you guys for this.

Nik, I heard from Jeremy that you went to Goodwood. Did you enjoy it?

Yeah, only 5 days left to order tickets to join ClioTrophy at TRAX! Would be good to see more of you there :D

Yeah, Goodwood was excellent. It's the first time i've been, it was much better than I expected, so much to see. I'll definitely go again next year. Big thanks to Jeremy at Renault.

Reaction score
Well it turned out to be a great idea!!

Just a reflexion:
It's just a shame that we only meet through a computer and don't get to drive all togteher, may be one day... but this forum raises some interesting points so keep it going for a long long time!

Nik you're a Star.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I guess in the same way as we'll never get all 500 cars registered on here as some owners just aren't interested in that aspect of car ownership (or dont use the internet), were never likely to get a huge percentage of those who are registered to meet together.

Hopefully arranging things like stands at car shows will help encourage that though.

Reaction score
I know I think it's a shame though as we're all enthusiasts, but some are more boring than others :wink:

Thanks for the reminder re. Trax. Just booked my place.

It was my first time at Goodwood too, and I found it amazing. I will post my pics soon for that.

Reaction score
398 Here!....36000 just gone. Time for my third service then she goes into hibernation for the next Year

Reaction score
DaveG said:
398 Here!....36000 just gone. Time for my third service then she goes into hibernation for the next Year

That makes me feel so much better. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done! That's what cars are for - driving.

Reaction score
Well doen Nik and Day!

Audrey - yikes! Those miles to France are really taking their toll eh?

18,000 on mine - all M1 and M4 sitting on 75mph :)
O.

Reaction score
Congrats and thanks to Nik and Day on setting up and running such a good forum! :D

I really enjoy being part of this community, even if we don't all get together very often, just sharing experiences and points of view is a really cool thing.

Reaction score
woop woop!! :lol:
This is a great site and only gets better with the more members registering was good to meet a few from here at janspeed and hope Trax will be a great meet for our first stand, thanks to Nik and Day for the smoothness in running of the site :wink:

nbc

Reaction score
Great site Nik, lot of work i'm sure but fully appreciated by all.
It's having an effect though, turning me slowly back into the 18 year old who tweaked around his 64 splitscreen bus until it became an obsession!. The misses just laughed at me yesterday when I said I was going to supply my own oil for my service :?

Boys and their toys.. :D

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
nbc said:
Great site Nik, lot of work i'm sure but fully appreciated by all.
It's having an effect though, turning me slowly back into the 18 year old who tweaked around his 64 splitscreen bus until it became an obsession!. The misses just laughed at me yesterday when I said I was going to supply my own oil for my service :?

Boys and their toys.. :D

aye, well done Nik et al - great site that turning driving pleasure into an obsesion. Although, this forum's not good for health of the Trophy, with me poking around in the engine anything can happen. :?

Reaction score
Numero 50 here! Just done 8000 on mine! Still no probs with her!!

Well done on the website!! My knowledge of the Trophy is getting better and better thanks to you!!

Reaction score
Congrats guys. Your efforts are appreciated. I signed up when i had a full fat 182 and after a couple of weeks of reading everyone rave about how good the trophy is i made the plunge and have never looked back on that decision.

Number 494: 14000 miles.