IMG_1031.jpg

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Do renault still supply them?

Not these one's.

They supply the newer version with all the markings like so

attachment.php

I wanted to keep mine all the same as i did not want one with loads of markings and the rest without

Attachments

• axzj39.jpg
    axzj39.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 176
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The thing about giving the big one is that there is always someone with bigger. ;)

Reaction score
I could understand the facination with a totally OEM concourse car, but who still has one of those these days? Most have done the exhaust. Most have started to mod top mounts, bushes, dogs bone, headlights, door cars, stereos not to mention the spliter. Tyres very few i bet still on Exaltos.

Chasing 4 used wheels needing a refurb vs 4 mildly different mint ones from renault. I do think your mildly mad at time MarcR ;)

Reaction score
I could understand the facination with a totally OEM concourse car, but who still has one of those these days?

Given all the bragging and handbags being waved about over the last few days, I can't resist, hello too. As the day it left the factory, bar the wiper stalk upgrade. Down to still having the clear vinyl on the RenaultSport sill inserts.

Reaction score
Any idea why the new ones have the markings?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Meaningless isn't it. Who gives a flying f**k how many shiney bits you have tucked away in the shed. Like I said someone always has more and shinier.

Lol I know. Maybe rude of me but I saw this thread and found it funny. So thought I would say I was greedier for a laugh :eek:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Lol I know. Maybe rude of me but I saw this thread and found it funny. So thought I would say I was greedier for a laugh :eek:

My comment is mostly true, except I don't actually have more than 10. :)

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have 4. One for each corner.

Living life on the edge!

Reaction score
Fair play to you Gordon. I do love all the handbag flinging ;)

It's all done "in the best possible taste" to to paraphrase Kenny Everett. People are passionate. Which is really great to see. Great car and one of the most (most of the time) friendly, knowledgeable and helpful forums around.

Meaningless isn't it. Who gives a flying f**k how many shiney bits you have tucked away in the shed. Like I said someone always has more and shinier.

Kind of, and you're right, someone always has that extra bit of unobtainium. Yet people being passionate and keeping things original for the longevity of the car can't be bad. There used to be two brothers that set up the 106 Rallye forum who became insufferable blow hards about everything. All they were doing was setting up and creating a captive market. It turned into 106 Rallye Parts or something. I'm sure they made a few bob. The younger brother managed to purloin a perfect 4000 mile white, one owner, S1 Rallye around 2004. Hens teeth. Went on to destroy it with a smorgasbord of after market rubbish if I recall. *ock.

Any idea why the new ones have the markings?

I'd think Speedline probably simply changed the casting from the original run of 2200 plus spares. The OEM casting moulds may have been discarded and once the original spares were sold any new ones ordered come from generic factory castings. Or perhaps some new EU law about wheel markings came into effect. I guess multiple reasons. A pity, as the original ones that MarkR has quite a collection of are far more aesthetically pleasing.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I could join in the meaningless banter with how I have three full sets... but I don't want to. LOL! :)