Reaction score
Just a note to say what a great site, I look forward to becoming a more active member when my Trophy arrives! My only criticism is that your server seems to be a little slow compared to other forums I use - not cure if you can do anything about this?

Keep up the good work! Steve

Day

Reaction score
Still faster than a certain other Clio site :wink:

But seriously what do you expect for cheap hosting.
We could move it but that would then mean that someone has to pay for it all and I don't think Nik needs the hassle of taking membership payments.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
There was a speed / timeout issue a few weeks back which the hosting company resolved. Since then I haven't noticed any problems to be honest, pages load fairly instantly for me.

The hosting is fairly cheap, and is aimed at large capacity and bandwidth allowances. It's mainly used for hosting video and images, so this was more important than response times.

I'll keep monitoring the speed though, as there are things i can do if it becomes a problem.

Reaction score
No worries mate, it doesn't seem too bad from home just seems a bit slow at work so maybe its the combination of the works connection and the site server.

Are you planning to develop the site to show more info about the Trophy as well as the Forum?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah, the plan is for the home page of the site to eventually have more than just a link to enter the forum. It will have a lot more details on the car, technical info, images, videos etc.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just thought I'd post the emaill I recieved from my hosting company on here since this was raised earlier this week.

Hello Nik

We continually monitor the performance of our systems. Lately we have seen indications that the cluster your account is hosted on does not perform as good as we would like it to.

Because of this we have chosen to split the cluster into two more powerful clusters. This is expected to result in better response times for your website and an overall performance increase.

Unfortunately this move may cause your website to become unavailable in short periods over the weekend. Our technical staff is aware that your website is important to you and will work hard to minimize the inconvenience.

We thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Kind regards
Steffan, Servage Hosting

Cant complain at that, very good service from them. There was a short outage on Sunday and today, but things are stable now.

Hopefully you should notice a performance increase :D

Reaction score
great site guys,
dont want to start a new post just for this quick question, could someone resize a pic for me for my avatar i dont no how :(

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more, this is the dog danglies of a site, its quick (unlike another certain renault site), looks good and just the right amount of topics. I had a look on the civic type r site, and there must be about 1 squillion topics.
10/10 nik

oooooh and a new bit down the bottom, gives me a reason to scroll down.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cheers for the comments guys, it's nice to know people like it and find it easy to use.

Thankfully phpBB is very well designed and simple to customise, so its not too difficult to adapt it to what we want.

Reaction score
Well done Nik the site is spot on. Shows how good it is considereing i have nearly posted the same number of post here as i have on CS and i have been a member of CS now for 3 1/2 years.

LOL