Reaction score
Trophy No.
What an earth were they thinking it's stone age in comparison to Silverstone, great circuit but the facilities are pretty dire, i actually think it's a ploy to pull the plug on the British GP full stop.

What do you guys think

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I dont think so, they are supposedly going to invest 100 million into Donington. I personally think its good news, it would be great to see the GP alternate between Brands, Silverstone and Donington. This may mean Silverstone pulls there socks up and makes that possible.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah but Ecclestone has been banging on for years about the infastructure at Silverstone and then he gives it to a ring with none, it's only the year after next remember. I wonder how much it will take for him to invoke that get out clause that will be in the contract.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
depending on what the £100m is going to i think it may be a good move. About time a national centre of focus on sport will be based in the middle of the country....

They'll need to adjust the layout of the circuit a bit though, it's tight for modern F1 cars.

Reaction score
I cant wait, ive always wanted 2 go to see the F1 at Silverstone but its a bit far for me, not 100% F1 hardcore but watch it nearly every weekend. :)
To have it in the middle of the country would be mint, means i would only have to drive 2 hours instead of 4 hours. 8)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Does the news today mean the end for the british Grand Prix?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
duffer987 said:
What's swine flu responsible for now? :roll: :lol:

Don't know what their worried about, just needs a little bit of oinkment :)

Reaction score
i think the current problems with Donington, is mainly due to the new tyre wall they've installed (visable on my video from march) it now doesn't provide the required run off and subsequently quite a few race meetings have fallen off the calendar.

That aside, the 2010 grand prix will not be held at Donington, for many reasons and far too many too list here, but it's a subject that's been covered in great detail on many forums. It's just for Bernie and his pals to decide wether it will go back to Silverstone (unlikely unless there's some kind of back hander) or just not have GB GP next year, once they stop having them in GB they'll not return for years, Bernie's after the new money that far east has, rather then the 10 bob we can afford :(

Chris

Reaction score
hoolio said:
duffer987 said:
What's swine flu responsible for now? :roll: :lol:

Don't know what their worried about, just needs a little bit of oinkment :)

[attachment=0:3205brdz]Oinksip.JPG[/attachment:3205brdz]

Will Oinksip do? :lol:

Attachments

• Oinksip.JPG
    Oinksip.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
Trophy No.
480bhp.com said:
i think the current problems with Donington, is mainly due to the new tyre wall they've installed (visible on my video from march) it now doesn't provide the required run off and subsequently quite a few race meetings have fallen off the calendar.

That aside, the 2010 grand prix will not be held at Donington, for many reasons and far too many too list here, but it's a subject that's been covered in great detail on many forums. It's just for Bernie and his pals to decide whether it will go back to Silverstone (unlikely unless there's some kind of backhander) or just not have GB GP next year, once they stop having them in GB they'll not return for years, Bernie's after the new money that far east has, rather then the 10 bob we can afford :(

Chris

Well it's always been my theory that the vertically challenged one was gambling on Donnington failing (virtually a sure thing) so he could move the GP out of Britain, as you say, without the poor publicity that just pulling out would have brought.