MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I won't be disclosing the RRP / new OE part number until they are in production as then i know the part number & price won't change.
It will now be another 3/4 weeks before renault give me more info and by then they will be in production.

I would not be ordering these until i have been given the all clear as renault UK will be giving me the exact release date on these.

Once again if you go ordering these you will end up with Standard "NON-Cup" shocks.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I'll be interested in a pair! Thanks MarcR for all your work on this!:up:

They are keeping a good amount of UK stock so these can be ordered and bought from your local dealer and you can have them within 3 days (Stock Order) or next day (VOR Order)

Once i have confirmation that these are either in production or have been produced i will disclose the new OE part number so people can go into there local Renault Dealer and buy as many as they want.

I am personally buying 2 pairs (4 rear shocks) as there will be a set put into the attic.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cant wait for the amusing price ;)
Going to be a tough call between £33 a corner Cup struts and what i am guessing, and i mean total guesisng will be north of £400-500 a pair for sachs. At least they will be minty new.

atl

Reaction score
Uh more expense and i have just bought the car...turns out i have a random rear left damper though and an original Sachs on the right!

Reaction score
Marc R can you confirm this is the right part number and any more info on them?

Gareth where did you get this info from?

Reaction score
Cool so are these available to order now? Or am I best waiting a bit longer so I can make sure I get the right ones?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
As Power Ranger says above the units are RRP of £156.66 + Vat and have the part number as per above.

For two units without any sort of discount you are looking at £376.

2aj1e9d.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Do you think buyers in the next 5-10 years will demand these?

Or do you think it will only be in exceptional cases where a buyer will insist that his intended purchase has these OEM rears? I guess I'm talking about a collector buying a sub-30,000 miler.

Personally I'm just not convinced, but I wonder if it would be prudent to buy a pair to store just in case mine becomes the one a collector wants, in 10+ years.

Will they degrade over time without use?

atl

Reaction score
Mine isn't sub 33k at all...but i still want the original setup that it came with as an owner!

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Do you think buyers in the next 5-10 years will demand these?

Or do you think it will only be in exceptional cases where a buyer will insist that his intended purchase has these OEM rears? I guess I'm talking about a collector buying a sub-30,000 miler.

Personally I'm just not convinced, but I wonder if it would be prudent to buy a pair to store just in case mine becomes the one a collector wants, in 10+ years.

Will they degrade over time without use?

You need to remember that this year is the 10th year of the Trophy and i have been told by Renault UK (have it in writing also) that these will be the last batch and that these will not be done again "But" there is going to be a large amount produced and stocked in the UK.

Once these are gone these are gone, Im getting a set just now and then possibly in the next 4/6 months getting another set if not two as these can not be refurbished.

If places like Renault / Ford / Honda and motor factors can keep shocks on the shelf for months / years on end i can't see why i can't ?

These have been sitting wrapped up in a dry place in a box for 4 months now and no issues.

RenaultClioTrophyMarcRiddle017.jpg

RenaultClioTrophyMarcRiddle026.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
In another 10 years, long after all Sachs rears have sold out, how many potential buyers will pass up buying my Trophy because it doesn't have them?

1/100? 1/10? 1/2?

That will be my determinant as to whether I pick up a set or not, but of course it'll be a guess.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
In another 10 years, long after all Sachs rears have sold out, how many potential buyers will pass up buying my Trophy because it doesn't have them?

1/100? 1/10? 1/2?

That will be my determinant as to whether I pick up a set or not, but of course it'll be a guess.

It's unlikely that many will pass up the chance of a well cared for T in ten years but you just need to look at the situation that I find myself with my 5 GTT, several years ago you couldn't give away parts and I bought a batch for two hundred quid which included bumper strips, now 250+ a set. Front grill, now 300. front bumper, now 200+ and it goes on and on.....
Decide for yourself.