TRL

Reaction score
..well seeing as I have put on a few Kilo's seemed like a good time to go for the Clio comfort mode. Spoke to the dealer about the lack of power and he said the engine will be arriving in 12000 miles, :roll: whatever that means.......
100_0276.jpg

100_0278.jpg

100_0257.jpg

100_0261.jpg

100_0263.jpg

Reaction score
thought it had to be you i let out the other day.

no joke, WOW what a colour.

great choice, car looked really impressive, they are slowly growing on me!

TRL

Reaction score
Hi Matt - Yeh thought it was choice that you let me out of that juction - probably the only time I will ever be in front of you - OMG its so slow at the moment - tighter than a 16 year olds chuffer. Still only got 500 miles on it.

Funky M - the plate is 2 fold my good man. On the one hand its preventing my wife from finding out I bought a brand new car rather than paying off the mortgage, and 2, well you can't buy R27, and I plan to put a Turbo on it later so it will be a T27 rather than an R27...and CUP as it has the cup chassis, being the limited edition....so you see there is method in my madness.

Miss the power of the Trophy but this feels so much more put together....

Reaction score
Is it that slower? I left one for dead a month or so ago up here in Newcastle and just guessed he was not trying!!

Does ot have the lush Recaros? They're the same as in the Audi RS4 I think.

I have been tempted recently to buy a better made car. As much as I love the Trophy to drive I just wish it had been better built may be like a Honda.

TRL

Reaction score
I think it is probably as quick as my old Trophy over 60, but it has no pull below 4000, and it does'nt get that second kick at 5500 anymore either. But the low gearing hides alot of the problem and it does seem to hang on even more in the bends, its just a bit more grown up and less raw.....guess thats too be expected. All in all I am chuffed as it looks so nice and the seats and steering really make it feel better than it probably really is.
Once I have worked out how to turbo charge it then it will be the real deal - reckon on 260bhp - have a feeling that the gearbox is already at its limit of tolerance though! :evil:

Reaction score
Very nice motor, the 197 has finally grown on me now in the looks department now, as I knew it probably would. Lovely in the Racing Blue - Enjoy!

Reaction score
I am fancing a golf gti at mo but they are holding value exceptionally well.

White with 17" alloys will be nice thank you.

Reaction score
TRL - i've heard remaps help sort out the lack of low down grunt... only heard good things tbh in improving responsiveness

Reaction score
FunkyMunky said:
TRL - i've heard remaps help sort out the lack of low down grunt... only heard good things tbh in improving responsiveness

remap would be pointless at the moment with the future plans though as it will only need a proper engine management system in later life.

he will have to grin and bear it for the timebeing as it would be a pointless £300