Getting my Trophy back on the Road

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ah yes that will be for me :-( wonder if an engine change will devalue the car?

Current cost is calculated at £2,657.00

I think I'll replace the rear tyres at the same time so that will be another £200. LAso I need to speak to BG Motorsport about the dampers
Sorry to hear that mate, that's not good :(

However, to save some money... please speak to @Rik Perry about your dampers. He will sort them with better quality components and a MUCH cheaper price. They are properly dyno'd / balanced as well (complete with graph) and he knows what he's doing.

Reaction score
Wrong time to ask if you want a Lego Trophy keyring lol...............

Thats a hefty price list mate but you will have a very mint Trophy once all that is replaced, im glad im not in your shoes though...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Most of those items are reasonably cheap to source too but it all depends on what quality of part you want.

I have recently gone a little mad with work done on mine but using various discount codes and a few trips to Renault it doesn't work out too expensive.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks both for the advice really useful! I'll have a chat with Dan.

I've also dug out a photos I took a while back when the car was up on a ramp, and it appears it is on the right springs (as far as the rear is concerned) but on Koni dampers.

I'll looking at this pictures again I think I'll also ask for the exhaust mounts to be replaced. and what can be done about securing / replacing the heat shield.

View attachment 9025

View attachment 9027

View attachment 9028

I think most end up removing the rear shield completely, mine has the larger washers clamping it in place but I think yours is too far gone to salvage it. With the amount of rattling / vibration they cause I am half tempted to remove mine at some point.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the parts list and the bill. Definitely speak to Rik for the sachs dampers. Knowing Dan his parts prices are very good.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
That's a pretty unwelcome list of jobs but most of it is only what you would be expecting to do after this many years. As I said earlier Rik Perry for the dampers. That boot heat shield has already had the larger washer treatment and unless you plan on using dinner plate size washers is scrap. You are in good hands with Dan, he may even have an old one sitting around, if not I have not had mine fitted for almost ten years, hasn't done any harm.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ditto the above... I got up to about saucer-sized washers with the heatshield before removing it completely. Bacofoil performs just about as well I've found :p

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sorry to hear that mate, that's not good :worried:

However, to save some money... please speak to @Rik Perry about your dampers. He will sort them with better quality components and a MUCH cheaper price. They are properly dyno'd / balanced as well (complete with graph) and he knows what he's doing.

Thanks for the advice, I have PM's Rik.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
All thanks for you advice, with regards to Rik.

I spoke to him this afternoon, what a nice guy, did not realise what he did for a living also chatting it through with him, gave far more confidence that he out of all the people I had spoken to would be the right person to go to.