Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Another offer for you guys,

Andy at GDI has contacted me offering ClioTrophy members 182 decat pipes for a price of £80 inc vat and postage.

I will post some pics here when they become available.

Contact Andy if you are interested on the number below

07010 716 440
www.greydevilindustries.com

Reaction score
haha, probably mate! Especially if i decide to strip out the carpet and also door cards for the summer trackday season ;) lol

Reaction score
How many people off here have gone for these? Getting on alright with them? :D

hyb

Reaction score
Not 'yet'. Waiting for janspeed to make my catback, then I might. What kinda sound increase would this give? I don't wanna be deaf :)

Reaction score
I've ordered one, should be with me on Thursday and I'm getting it fitted this Saturday if all goes to plan. I'll let you know what its like.Looking forward to a bit more noise.

Reaction score
I had the decat pipe fitted last Saturday, the car seems to rev a bit harder and is a little bit noisier under hard acceleration. I have to say that the difference isn't exactly night and day but I get the feeling that this is what the car should really be like, a bit more aggresive.

I got an email from GDI about ECU remaps and suspect the full benefits from the decat will only come when I have this done as well, that'll be pretty soon!

In summary, for the money its worth it, get it done but don't forget to keep your old pipe you'll need it for the MOT.

The service from GDI was spot on as well so I can happily recommend dealing with them.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Nope, its just there to warn you your cat isn't working properly :p .

The light never came on on my decatted 172, but it has on the Trophy. There are no side effects of it being on at all though (apart from the increase in performance and exhaust volume :D )

Reaction score
So people seem to be recommending this decat? I am having a Janspeed exhaust fitted on 5th Oct and was wondering if I should go for one of these decats or the Janspeed Sports Cats?

Any thoughts/pro's/con's?

Reaction score
Cue said:
de-cats invalidate your warrenty and are not road legal i thought :?

A de-cat will probably invalidate the warranty on the orginal Renault exhaust (all depends on how awkward the dealer wants to be) but as this is being swapped for a Janspeed - there are no warranty issue's with the exhaust system.

It is only law for car manuafcturers to produce cars fitted with cats. It is not even part of the MOT process to check to see if a cat is fitted or not. It just has to meet the emission test which for me is 2 years away.