Reaction score
Yer im still thinking about the carbon one was hoping i might be lucky and get a standard one from someone who's changed theres. :D

Reaction score
LOL you chancer! :lol:
There are a few of us with the K-Tec one and I think it looks quite good...well for what it is, a bit of material wrapped around the bottom front of the car.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
but the car looks really naff without that little bit of expensive plastic on its nose

Reaction score
Renaultsport said:
but the car looks really naff without that little bit of expensive plastic on its nose
tell me about it- I put up with a splitterless front end for 2 months whilst waiting for my carbon one to arrive. Must say that I feel carbon is cetainly cooler but not worthwhile unless you require a replacement for a broken oem part...

Reaction score
Yer looks like i mite have to go the carbon route. The whole in it is anoying me now. I'll still try holding out for a bit see if anyone who's changed there's for a carbon wants to sell there original.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've still not fitted the carbon one that i bought ages ago when K-tec did one of their deals so i'll have one spare at some point, just not sure when :oops:

Reaction score
hoolio said:
I've still not fitted the carbon one that i bought ages ago when K-tec did one of their deals so i'll have one spare at some point, just not sure when :oops:

Whatever you do, don't rush it and ensure that you have someone else along to assist with the job..
..Is the T feeling neglected now that the 5 has arrived? :(

Reaction score
Trophy No.
quik5i1ver said:
hoolio said:

Whatever you do, don't rush it and ensure that you have someone else along to assist with the job..
..Is the T feeling neglected now that the 5 has arrived? :(

Sure i'll manage with my magic fingers :lol:

They are both feeling a little neglected, the T is parked around a friends as someone had a word and advised me that three cars don't go into one parking space and the 5 is a total garage queen and won't go out in the rain which leaves me with betsy the van :?

Reaction score
My splitter just did what its name said it would do (so can't really complain..) and split in two.

Been to K-Tec today (only ten mins from work) and booked mine in to have their matt CF one fitted. £95 for the splitter, plus £25 to remove old and fit new (I'm lazy and clumsy) + VAT.

May post pic in due course. I haven't even tried Renault's price having read a few comments on here; I assume this price is pretty fair? The labour charge seems reasonable to get a professional job done.

Reaction score
OK, here's the results. General view:

1001333oj1.jpg

Close up. This is the matt version and is fairly shiny. I think the glossy one would earn me a place in the hall of shame.

1001334wc0.jpg

Cheeky buggers put a K-Tec sticker on the back and it ain't going anywhere.

1001332nh1.jpg

£138.00 inc. VAT. As mentioned in a spotted thread, I was parked next to another Trophy for the first time ever while there, and met a friendly chap with a silver R26 (didn't like the colour) who'd had quite a few problems with it.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The shiney one is not as bling as you might think :wink:

Was the R26 doing the usual impression of a goldfish bowl?

Reaction score
Hmmm, I have the shiney version - I didn't know there was a matt version available.. As far as I am aware, all those with CF splitters have the shiney version so far?!

Looks good though JTB - I would have considered it, had I realised it was available.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
JTB no offence taken, may well have gone for the Matt version myself.
Have to be careful here as I got a slap on the wrist over on RS, some seem to have problems draining water.