Reaction score
...OK well not quite, but...

I removed the rear seats, metal bar and boot mat and wow - what a difference it made!

I can finally hear the car's exhaust system - it was almost like putting on an aftermarket unit - and it cost me nothing!

I also weighed all the parts - a total of 13-14 kg's saved.

Did I mention it took me all of 10 minutes? 8)

If you don't need the rear seats I highly recommend giving this 'mod' a shot..

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
Fred - great seats... they must be really light :)

Your tail lights give away the fact that it is not a Trophy but the weight saving philosophy is alive and kicking!!! :)

O.

P.S. remove the carpet - you'll really hear the exhaust then (but it'll look like a butt ugly Clio Estate... ;) )

Reaction score
Anyone else think that this is particularly sad?

how about having a really good dump before you drive it?

that's got to save a good bit of weight, and you could weigh it too! :?

Reaction score
nitro said:
Anyone else think that this is particularly sad?

how about having a really good dump before you drive it?

that's got to save a good bit of weight, and you could weigh it too! :?

The emphasis was on the improvement of sound in the cabin, not on the weight saving. :roll:

Not a great entrance to the forum, but welcome nonetheless...

O.

P.S. Do you have a Trophy? If so do you find the stock box a little muted?

Reaction score
wife has the trophy, I have a mans car.

I know that the emphasis started on noise, but it went into detail on weight.... boring!

If you find the standard box muted then I suggest you buy Max Power mag and buy a corsa....... put a really big pipe on her and enjoy yourself.

Reaction score
Reducing weight is the quickest and cheapest (in almost all circumstances - completely free) thing that you can do to improve the performance of your car.

As for this 'Max Power' magazine you refer to - I don't know, I don't read it. Maybe you can enlighten us? Are they all for saving weight in the name of improved performance?

O.

P.S. what is the number of your wife's car? We almost have all the cars registered now so perhaps you can add her's to the register?

Reaction score
nitro said:
wife has the trophy, I have a mans car.

I know that the emphasis started on noise, but it went into detail on weight.... boring!

If you find the standard box muted then I suggest you buy Max Power mag and buy a corsa....... put a really big pipe on her and enjoy yourself.

whats your "mans car" mate?

also im intrigued to know why your only 2 posts so far are negative, and portray a bad attitude?

:)

Reaction score
I guessed that we're travelling down the same beaten path we've before.

The posts are characteristic of King's: grammatically correct but sentences that start without a capital letter. Coupled with an egoistic view of the world and how it orbits around oneself.

Can you do an IP match?

Edit: date King was banned does not match up with our new 'friend'...

O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
Fred - great seats... they must be really light :)

Your tail lights give away the fact that it is not a Trophy but the weight saving philosophy is alive and kicking!!! :)

O.

P.S. remove the carpet - you'll really hear the exhaust then (but it'll look like a butt ugly Clio Estate... ;) )

I think when Fred's car is done you'll hear the exhaust from quite a way away ;)

Reaction score
LOL it'd be rude not too! i have to show up that irish fella now don't i ;)

my seats are 4.9kg each, not bad considering the Recaros/std seats are over 20kg each!!!!

(cost me a few quid mind you!!!! RRP = £900 per seat!)

Reaction score
Fred - fantastic! Definately a good investment... and even the price seems reasonable as I've seen Sparco S-Light's retail for over £1.1k each (although they are 2.5kg each... yikes!)

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Please excuse the negative start to my posting escapades.

I would like to point out that I am in no way, whatsoever, assosciated to that King Stromba fellow. However, sometimes I do read his posts and agree on his views. There are also times that I think he is being a bit silly.

Anyway, I digress. I have started on the wrong foot. I can appreciate the seats out method of saving weight, but I'll bet that a lot of people buy a four seater over a two seater for a good reason and perhaps cannot afford the luxury of making do with two.

Yes, I know that many bought this car due to what it is and not the number of seats, blah blah blah, but Lotus have already made a thing called the Elise. It uses a similar philosophy.... maybe a thought for you budding seat removers out there????

Oh, and Iknow that the Elise costs more, but you can sell all the bits stripped from your Trophy to pay for it.

Cheers

K2.

Day

Reaction score
No problems fella, welcome to Cliotrophy.

However you did said you had a manly car, are you going to tell us what it is ;)