Reaction score
ok only had the car 3 weeks but was pissed off with that whistle.

but its not windscreen it the slight gap in the wing mirror where it swivels.

not sure why no one has found it before.

just put your hand out the window and you can put your finger tip over the gap at just the right point and the whistle stops mmmm bliss. 8)

Reaction score
You mean where the little black nipple thing is missing on the drivers side? very annoying sometimes

Reaction score
nope not there will take a pic later

Reaction score
The reason it whistles is because Renault leaves a hole in both the left and right mirrors for fitment of the temperature sensor.

Depending on your car beind RHD/LHD, one of the mirrors will always have a mirror without the sensor which causes the whistle.

On a RHD cr the sensor is on the left mirror and so our right mirror whistles..

You can buy 'fake' sensors to fill the hole.

O.

Reaction score
My girlfriend noticed the whistle the first day I had the car, but I, refusing to believe there could be anything wrong with my beautiful dream car, said it was shephards blowing their dog whistles! (We were in Wales at the time). I only notice it when going really fast with the window open now,

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Weird, mines never whistled at all.

My 172 used to whistle but that was air coming through the climate control system, so i either had to have the aircon on or have an annoying whistle

Reaction score
I mentioned this a while ago!! - i noticed it the day i bought it and yes it is the gap where the mirror swivels.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
lol..... erm yes. a very long drive way - about 100 miles long. some nice men even repair the tarmac when it gets potted. Although there are health and safety people (at least that's what i think they are) who are for ever telling me to slow down :eek: