Ford KA Question

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Right, The GF has a KA (I hate the thing) and the coolant system is poo. Two years ago the small pump in the bulkhead failed so we replaced that. Month or so back the stat failed, replaced that all OK and the car has been working fine, not lost any coolant. However. Today she came back and said that the car is making the noise it made when the stat went, quick look and I couldn't see any water in the tank so it's dumped it somewhere.

Anyone got any suggestions on what I could check next? Took the OIL cap off and there isn't any white stuff there. Water pump?

Reaction score
If you filled up the cooling system with antifreeze there will be a stain somewhere so take a look underneath for split pipes stains anything thats near a coolant hose or cooling system also check clamps make sure no leaks around fixings.
If you cant find a leak fill the system with water and see where it runs out of.
One thing if your thinking head gasket is they usually make the car misfire or there hard to start and you can check exhaust when running for white smoke.

Reaction score
I know they dont have temp gauges but is it overheating?

Could be an airlock? Fords are notorious for getting air out of the system when the coolant is cahnged because they are supposed to be self bleeding, but they just dont work!(in my experience anyway)