Reaction score
Benny C doesn't seem to exist and I can't see the link...?
Hi :)

I bought these yesterday http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BONNET-GA...393325?hash=item19f5862bad:g:-gwAAOxy8x9SMJ86 for £23.00 and now they have more than doubled????
That happened when I purchased mine and then they dropped backed down again after a few days. I know some retailers put their prices up when they go out of stock so that no one buys the product, and then drop back to the usual price once they have stock again. It saves them having to close the listing only to have to set up a new one a few days later.

Reaction score
The eBay ones are for the bonnet of a BMW.....
'Wrong' is a bit OTT for a boot (/bonnet) strut when both items work just as well as each other. It's hardly like comparing Sachs and cup dampers, which will have an impact on the value of the car.

To each his own.

Reaction score
The MM ones are a perfect fit and they do what they are supposed to do. Since neither the MM or SGS ones are OEM I'm not sure you can say that one is more correct than the other TBH. So long as everyone is happy with their choice etc etc.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
not sure why anyone would buy the wrong struts, when you can get the right ones, but still...

Not quite sure what your objections are. The Magnetti Morelli arrived today are exactly the same length as the original do not foul any of the bodywork and go up and down.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I also fitted the MM ones today .. 350nm rated and fit perfectly... I guess it comes down to who has the best prices at the time you need them.. Also nothing stoping you getting the OE ones re gassed...

Reaction score
The Magnetti Morelli ones are spot on, fit well and do the job for £21 delivered cant argue with that, had mine on the car over a year no issues whatsoever.

Reaction score
The Magnetti Morelli ones are spot on, fit well and do the job for £21 delivered cant argue with that, had mine on the car over a year no issues whatsoever.

I bought these at the start of the year for £21 and so far so good.

Reaction score
Just fitted the SGS struts. They are not strong enough as standard. They supply them at 340nm.
As luck would have it I was driving past them after I went through the Snake Pass (which for some reason was inexplicably empty:) ) and had them regassed to 400nm. They now work perfectly.
I would suggest anyone purchasing them requests a stronger strut than standard. I had naïvely assumed they might have changed this themselves having done others.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi all, needing new boot struts for the Trophy,does anyone have the link to the Magnetti Morelli ones? Thanks Steve

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sorry to revive this but after reading the whole thread it seems opinions are divided on which struts to buy?!

Can any one give a definitive link to which ones work best? what pressure to have them gassed to and the best fit overall length?

The magneti morelli ones linked a few posts up seem a really good price at £11.90 each but I don't want to order some that are too long or too weak and then having to piss about sending them back or damaging my spoiler. thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sorry to revive this but after reading the whole thread it seems opinions are divided on which struts to buy?!

Can any one give a definitive link to which ones work best? what pressure to have them gassed to and the best fit overall length?

The magneti morelli ones linked a few posts up seem a really good price at £11.90 each but I don't want to order some that are too long or too weak and then having to piss about sending them back or damaging my spoiler. thanks in advance :smile:

I got the Morelli ones and as they come are strong enough and the correct length .. Still running fine with no issues

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I got the Morelli ones and as they come are strong enought and the correct length .. Still running fine with no issues

The ones from the above link? 412mm and 340Nm?

cheers for the speedy responses Rik. Appreciate it. means I can get them ordered in today for delivery tomorrow hopefully. I've put this job off fo eight months....there's just cooler stuff to buy :) :) haha

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The ones from the above link? 412mm and 340Nm?

cheers for the speedy responses Rik. Appreciate it. means I can get them ordered in today for delivery tomorrow hopefully. I've put this job off fo eight months....there's just cooler stuff to buy :smile: :smile: haha

Those are the ones i got ..