Reaction score
I'm thinking of selling my 3rd trophy as i've recently started having to commute to work and have since bought a diesel. As the trophy is just sitting on the drive, i thought it would be best to sell up.

46000 miles
55 plate
100% standard Trophy spec
Michelin PE2 tyres
Taxed 03/11
MOT 02/11 but this will be renewed

Car is very clean inside but with a couple of marks on the alloys. Bodywork is in very good condition. Car had last major service which included the cam belt but no other work required in the past 12 months of ownership! Only modification on this car is that i've fitted an ipod AUX cable which can be removed if desired leaving no marks or holes in the car!

I've previously owned trophy #68 and #477 and so you can see from these threads in the owner register that i've taken care of the cars and had successful sales in the past. The car is currently in the Scottish Borders but it could also be viewed in Oxford or Milton Keynes if arranged. Any questions please ask, photos available on request. Looking for £6995 ono.

Reaction score
Update to the Ad... The car now has a 12month MOT and price drop to 6700... The car is now in Milton Keynes too but can be viewed at my office in Oxford!

Reaction score
nope. I don't honestly see why people get this done. I could understand why if the car is running on a track and being pushed to the limit, but its not... Its more likely to sit at 5mph in bumper to bumper traffic or with cruise control switched on on the Motorway!

Its my third trophy, all of varying mileage and all feeling spot on... On top of this, there is nothing in any literature provided to Renault Dealers that mention dampers needing rebuilt.

Reaction score
hmmm, lucky you I say; The two T's I know well, mine needed doing, Tinkers needed doing - both around the 50k miles mark - mine with a fair amount of track work and Tinker's with hardly any. I'd want them done if I was buying a secondhand T now that's for sure (unless the price was right).

Reaction score
I think its been well established now that the dampers can fail , even if the car has super low mileage. Not saying that your car needs it, probably doesnt, but I would get under the car have a look at the base of the external oil reservoir and see if its covered in oil (thats what happened to mine) or see if its soft when you push down on top of the suspension strut.

Good luck with the sale anyways :wink:

Reaction score
I had the car on a lift when it had the MOT last month and everything looks good. Maybe it is just coincidence that all 3 of mine are ok! :)

Reaction score
Had a look at this a little while ago and was very close to buying it - just got a slightly better deal for me on another T. If you are looking for a T I fully recommend this one as a top notch example to my untrained eyes and Steve comes across as a genuine, friendly bloke.

AFAIK car is currently in Scotland but PM Steve for the details.

Reaction score
Car is up for sale again. On 46500 miles. looking for 6200. Car is available to see in Milton Keynes