FOR SALE: Clio Trophy - 16k miles

Reaction score
Link to ad: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262947011933

Been thinking about putting it for sale for a while and decided for/against many times.

Finally had some pictures taken so thought would give it a shot and see what interest it generates. The full set of pics will be added to the listing soon as I can resize them!

I've seen the way for sale threads go on forums, with the world and his wife stating their opinions on conditions / prices etc. So I have decided to list my car onto eBay and would appreciate if anyone is genuinely interested, to message me directly via pm through here (or on eBay)

I hope all the appropriate details have been covered in the advert. If I have missed anything out that is particularly important, please let me know.

Thank you and kind regards

Reaction score
s-l1600.jpg a set of pics have now been added to the listing, thank you for looking.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Good luck with the sale Indy! A very special trophy you have.

Im sure there will be a lot of people saying you have no chance of selling it for that price (happened to me) but there is always a buyer/collector out there. Hold out for the price you want for it.

I had plenty of good offers for mine which i refused, eventually a very good offer was made which i accepted.

Regards
Leigh

Reaction score
Plenty of topics on your car and its pricing but stick with it as it is a lovely motor and demands a premium :)

GLWTS

Reaction score
Good luck with the sale. Unsure how your car differs from number 238 now in N. Ireland. 238 would seem to have a clearer, better documented history, £2,000 lower asking price and the all important ' Renault Recommends Elf' sticker in the rear window ; )

A question of watch this space I expect. What number is it?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have to admit that despite how much I would like one with very low miles, I con't help thinking what a waste. You simply can't do anything with it without destroying it's monetary value. Bit hypocritical I know as I have a very low mileage GTT but I can still go out for a razz in that and when i put it back in the garage it will be worth exactly what was when i took it out........

Reaction score
Good luck with the sale.

People criticising the price are missing the point. These are already a limited edition car and the majority of these are certainly now running high mileage (as evidence by the recent thread in this very forum 'what's your mileage'), have succumbed to wear and tear and modifications.

What your now left with is a handful of extremely low mileage, low owner Trophys which are going to attract a different type of buyer. Primarily collectors, who appreciate the car for what it is, wants to include it in a collection of different cars and classes and let's be honest, want to capitalise on the appreciating value of these cars.

If you have a collector who owners millions of pounds worth of exotica and performance classics, what's £20,000 for arguably the best of the breed.

These are the last of a generation cars which remained true to the hot hatch philosophy of low weight, high performance, absence of drivers aids and a focus on handling finese over balls to the wall power figures.

Collectors will always pursue limited edition cars with lauded driving dynamics. The clio Trophys have both and for that reason and many more they will continue to attract increasing attention from collectors and serious enthusiasts, factors which will only result in prices continuing to rise

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm not missing the point and not missing the point, rising prices can only be good for all us owners. Just saying that it is a shame that it is destined for only and exactly what you so eloquently outline in your post.

Reaction score
Well said Stefan, you might as well just tell everyone that your looking to make a healthy 4k profit [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm not missing the point and not missing the point, rising prices can only be good for all us owners. Just saying that it is a shame that it is destined for only and exactly what you so eloquently outline in your post.

That should have read "I'm not criticising the price and not missing the point................"

Reaction score
Well said Stefan, you might as well just tell everyone that your looking to make a healthy 4k profit emoji3.png

With the very greatest of respect Jason, I don't think you appreciate the costs which go into sourcing, taking delivery, preparing and offering such special cars for sale.

I don't want to intrude on Indy's thread but I feel I must respond to your insinuation against me.

On top of the initial cost of purchasing the car from a private collector, the car must then be transported and imported into Northern Ireland.

It then undergoes an intensive period of preparation. Refurbishment of the alloys, fitting new high performance tyres, 2/3 days undergoing a professional detail, further mechanical servicing, preparation and submission for a new MOT, professional photographs etc The list goes on.

We then account in the price for our own in house bespoke warranty and factor in the costs of delivering the car anywhere in the UK (often the car goes to England, Scotland or Wales and again this incurs a significant transport cost).

It's easy to slate dealers and I respect your opinion but I think it's only fair that I account for some of the factors which must be accounted for from the perspective of someone like myself who wants to source, prepare and offer for sale the best examples and to do the job right.

Sorry once again Indy for the intrusion, I do wish you the best of luck with your car. It's a beautiful example.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Tend to agree. The sort of person who'll buy this probably misses the entire point of the car in the first place.

Reaction score
As with any classic, If you think you have the best one for sale and your in no rush. the price is irrelevant until another comes along that's better/cheaper.

Will it get used again.. does any classic? Just depends on collectors wallet. Might just be a toy to them.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Now gone from ebay and link above directs to a maroon Bimmer ?????