Reaction score
I have this 6m old hi-fi sitting boxed in the garage. Since I am old enough to have had plenty of electrical equipment go to the dogs because I decided to keep it for one reason or another I am going to advertise it. Before I get around to putting it on Ebay or somewhere thought I would offer it here. The fact that it came out of a Trophy means it should go back into a 172/182 fairly inexpensively.

Here's the details:

Alpine CDE 9828RB Head Unit

JL Audio:
Evolution VR525CSi Speakers and silk domed tweeters (I think) plus various other bits that seem to be required.
e1200 Monoblock Amplifier
e2150 Two Channel Amplifier
12W3V2 Subwoofer (the guys who came and took it out of the old car seemed impressed by this - they must fit them into Saxos!)
Sub Box to fit it in. (Don't let the wife see this fitted in the boot)
Many & various (what appear to be) gold plated plugs, leads and cables, plus a load of power cabling that the CEGB could do with for repairs.

I was charged £80 to remove the system - which also involved taking the top of the dash off to fit the tweeters properly. So I figure that to refit and replace a couple of cables they seemed too lazy to remove (I found the ends under the rear seat!) would cost about £150 for a good job. The doors were also sound proofed, which actually made the standard stereo sound better as it turned out - so you might like to do that too.

Once fitted and on full bore, it's a hell of a system. I listened to Muse, British Sea Power, QOTSA, PJ Harvey and Nick Cave albums on it and the last two were as loud as they were live! The previous owner was a real hi-fi nut who specially matched all this stuff.

The guys who removed estimated the system at £1500 fitted which rang true with what I was originally told.

I'd like £700 for the equipment so it would stand you in around £850 fitted and therefore about half price. Any less and I think I'll keep it to fit in the car that lives in my imagination that one day i'll be able to afford.

Send me a pm if you're interested as it's far more civilised than some kind of thread auction.

Cheers, Steve.

ps: I have pictures and you might like to collect it.

Reaction score
Hi all, I gave up with the cardealer nick.

All that stuff is sitting in the garage and I'm not really sure what to do with it. I thought about using the equipment to beef up the system in the M3 I'm using. But as it is bespoke 182 kit (wiring etc) I should keep it all together. I'm rambling, so you know i'm undecided! I think it's best kept together and sold in one lot. I tell you it is biblical lol. Shake your piggy banks.

Reaction score
i'm disappointed you didnt fit this as an optional extra in the Trophy I bought from you Steve :wink:

In all honesty i thought you had sold this stuff last time you advertised it

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Keep hold of it - If I total #274 in the next few months I'll buy another one of you and I'll give you £850 above list price to fit it :)

Reaction score
Nick cave is a living genius, writer, singer, film maker. I wrote quite a good review of the last NCATBS gig i'll try and find it haha.

I hope you don't total your car!!! But that would be about the damage fitted by Huet Car Audio. I don't really know why I'm selling it, but suppose I don't have a car more than five minutes!!!

I have some pics i'll post them somehow.

mmm not arf pop pickers.