SCR

Reaction score
Had the 1st 12000 miles service on friday, luckily i didnt pay for the service because when i picked it up the guys in the garage had spilt petrol in the car and it stank, so as a good will gesture they picked up the cost.

Also, any ladies/gents had the problem with the spray paint rubbing off on the gear stick??

I had to get mine changed as the above happened!!

Reaction score
No not had that problem with the gear stick, do you mean the siler/ grey plastic top on the gearstick?

Got my12000 service next week with Hylton in Worcester, bought my oil from the oilman so paying £165 for the first service.

How much has everyone else payed or is expecting to pay?

SCR

Reaction score
yes the silver grey spray on poor paint job on the top of the stick!

my invoice for the service was £200.00

SCR

Reaction score
Cool, be careful though if they say to you about your brake disks being slighty worn, they may try to get you change them!

SCR

Reaction score
Did Renault pay for the gear knob under warranty?[/quote]

yes they did but they could only give me a standard black one, as they were unable to find any, also it would have done it again with a spray on one?!!

so, went for plain one so that i dont have to go back and further moan!!

Reaction score
I had my 12k service free because my beloved car broke down on day one lol did everyone have havoline fuel treatment done to there car at the dealers? I didn't know what they did i just had a certificate for it.
Tell u what tho the car felt so much better after the service and having this fuel treatment
done. Car felt quicker ticked over better and 5k kick was feeling oh so much more better :twisted:

Reaction score
How on earth did they spill petrol inside the car, were they looking for the filler cap? :lol:

My car had a mark on the sliver gear knob insert when I bought it, probably from a ring, it's quite annoying, will get a replacement one when I can be bothered.

hyb

Reaction score
stevegunnis said:
How on earth did they spill petrol inside the car, were they looking for the filler cap? :lol:

My car had a mark on the sliver gear knob insert when I bought it, probably from a ring, it's quite annoying, will get a replacement one when I can be bothered.

Yeh why the hell and how exactly did petrol get inside? Unless they were using it as a shopping car to go fill up some jerry cans

Reaction score
Just had my 12k service done at BB Tuning £119 later and the car is perfect, no petrol in the car, no dents, no scratches.

They were honest with me and told me that i should have around 2000miles left on the discs, but the pads were fine for a bit longer.

I will never take my car to any dealer for a service, just becuase they dont have the expereince with the RS range that they have with the base models.

SCR

Reaction score
really dont know, they said something to do with the fact they were testing the gage? And managed to end up with car smelly of odur de unleaded, it wasn't that bad and got first service free!

Reaction score
SCR said:
really dont know, they said something to do with the fact they were testing the gage? And managed to end up with car smelly of odur de unleaded, it wasn't that bad and got first service free!

Oh, of course, that explains it, They were testing the fuel gauges petrol proximity sensor by holding an open vessel of Super near it, when they must have slipped and slopped it everywhere. My mistake.