finding car's history

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for a trophy at the moment - is there a simple way to identify its history on here - members, mileage, issues, major upgrades etc?

(e.g. does the register keep the info in when people leave the forum?)

thanks!

Reaction score
Also a good trick is to Google the trophy number and see what comes up! You will be surprised what you can find.

Also you can put the reg number into the dvla mot site and it will give you some mileage history.

The best one is if you go to auto trader and say you are selling a car it will ask you for the reg number and once input it will show if it has been written off or not! If it hasn't it won't show anything just to be clear. There will be no reference to cat c,d etc.

Cheers

Pete

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Googling is a great suggestion. I found loads of stuff on mine that helped me piece together it's history, a list of every owner etc

I even found a folder with loads of pictures taken when it was nearly new

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Also a good trick is to Google the trophy number and see what comes up! You will be surprised what you can find.

Also you can put the reg number into the dvla mot site and it will give you some mileage history.

The best one is if you go to auto trader and say you are selling a car it will ask you for the reg number and once input it will show if it has been written off or not! If it hasn't it won't show anything just to be clear. There will be no reference to cat c,d etc.

Cheers

Pete

Great advice Pete, I've just tried that and found stuff about mine I did not know.

Reaction score
Is there a Clio Trophy "registrar" within the Renault scene?

Coming from the Ford RS scene, I know there's registrars for every RS model and they can tell you what they know about a particular car, or they can tell you if/when a respected one is for sale.

Just a thought. I'd be surprised if there's not a registrar somewhere for these.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Is there a Clio Trophy "registrar" within the Renault scene?

Coming from the Ford RS scene, I know there's registrars for every RS model and they can tell you what they know about a particular car, or they can tell you if/when a respected one is for sale.

Just a thought. I'd be surprised if there's not a registrar somewhere for these.
I think it's a pretty cool idea and sort of proposed something along those lines but it didn't really strike any chords and was deemed more hassle than it was worth, especially due to not many people being active or forthcoming with information about their Trophys.

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it's all dependant of having the trust and backing of a larger approved group.

Obviously, Ford have the RS Owners Club, but does Renault/Renault Sport not have anything similar?

Still, this forum does a decent job of giving histories of particular build numbers.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
No mate, there's no 'official' owners' club as far as I am aware. I don't think Renault even kept a record of VIN/reg -> Trophy# either!