Reaction score
Evening all, not strictly a car for sale as I have only been offered it. Would be interested with as much feedback as possible as to what you all think this is worth. 0404 Clio V6 255 in Mars Red with 33k and FRSH. Recent service and 4 new tyres. 3 owners but warranted mileage. So, to summarise it's a high mileage car in comparison and has 3 owners (just like the average Elise) not one of the top 3 colours either - but it is a 255!! and therefore built well enough to take the miles. I know it's not a Trophy! but who better to garner opinion from? Thanks in advance for your educated feedback..

Reaction score
Looking at autotrader online difficult one to judge, I'll take at stab at somewhere between 15 and 17k but prices vary consideribly

Reaction score
Dealer £20,645

Private £18,145

Part Ex £17,295

Trade £16,795 :?:

Thats "what cars" valuation :roll:

One on autotrader , 13000 miles £15800 .(private) :twisted:

Reaction score
I don't know how easy these cars are to sell but I think one of the members on here had some trouble selling their earlier V6. I guess everything has it's price though and if you can get it cheap enough it'd be worth going for - have you checked what they have been selling for on ebay recently?

I think the cars are very much an acquired taste and although I admire Renault for producing such as bonkers car I think if I was in that kind of market I'd prefer to get a "proper sports car" and not a Clio with a big engine where the seats should be. *ducks for cover*

Reaction score
It's really a niche market. I'm not a trader, but in your shoes I would view such a car as a risk to move.

There are two of these at London West and they've been on the forecourt since November last year...

Reaction score
I'm thinking there's a board game here somewhere, or something akin to Top Trumps :) Interesting to see the variation here and elsewhere in perceived price. I suppose I should have phrased the question differently, such s If I, would you? My own view is that it's got a retail price of £14995 max and therefore needs to be a margin less than that. That, from memory would make it the lowest headline priced 255 I've seen. No disrespect to 230 owners, but the shape dated quickly once this one came along, let alone the shortfall in build quality. According to someone on Cliosport, there's only 18 red ones. Once they are under £10000 trade they would make a great basis for a track day car. Will see how negotiations progress and also bank balance!

Reaction score
retail price of £14995 max???

I think looking at autotrader and also the what car valuation the max has to be quite a bit higher than that.

Reaction score
Slugger said:

I think looking at autotrader and also the what car valuation the max has to be quite a bit higher than that.

There is also a Trophy for sale at close to £14k with over 10,000 miles on the clock on Autotrader...

I think the prices on Autotrader are much higher than what is actually being paid for these cars. Sentimental value to the current owners...

I always look at eBay to give indication as to what the 'final haggling price' might be closer aligned towards.

I would say £15k is about right considering mileage and age - it's a niche car with a small target audience that is almost three years old and with three owners. This target market would consider an Elise etc. which would further reinforce the £15k selling price.

I think it's generally well accepted that the V6 Clio is not a overly great car and that an Elise would be a better ownership/driving proposition. I know where I would put my money if I only needed two seats...

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
Slugger said:

There is also a Trophy for sale at close to £14k with over 10,000 miles on the clock on Autotrader...

I think the prices on Autotrader are much higher than what is actually being paid for these cars. Sentimental value to the current owners...

I always look at eBay to give indication as to what the 'final haggling price' might be closer aligned towards.

I would say £15k is about right considering mileage and age - it's a niche car with a small target audience that is almost three years old and with three owners. This target market would consider an Elise etc. which would further reinforce the £15k selling price.

I think it's generally well accepted that the V6 Clio is not a overly great car and that an Elise would be a better ownership/driving proposition. I know where I would put my money if I only needed two seats...

Cheers
O.

Not an overly great car? What are you talking about man :p

Personally I never look an ebay for a guide price on cars. To me ebay for cars is a last ditch attempt or a place for right offs, breaking etc

As for the Elise or only needing two seats it depends if you are going to use it as an every day car but I do agree it is a niche market every day car or not.

Reaction score
I left my bid, will see if the car comes, I wouldn't feel comfortable offering that car over £15k as I think I'd still be looking at it in a month for any more. Interesting about people's perception of Ebay, many of us in the trade use it for marketing as it's only about a tenner to advertise a car for 10 days. A niche car gets between 1000 and 2000 hits in ten days. OK, so if 70% are kids dreaming, then the remainder might just be looking for what's on offer. Just sold a Vel Satis Initiale to an Ebay enquirer -and it was on Autotrader all along too. However, unless you have a good day, prices always fall well short of reality generally far less than a one-off sale through BCA even.
Picked up another car yesterday from a trader who had an Exige 111R (I think!) for sale. Looked like a Stealth Fighter in all black, wheels too. I would buy one of those over a V6 255 as, sorry to say, I didn't really enjoy my 255 that much and got bored with it in 5 mins.

Reaction score
I would'nt want to offer much more than 13k for it with that sort of mileage to make any sort of profit out of it.

Reaction score
allvehicles said:
I left my bid, will see if the car comes, I wouldn't feel comfortable offering that car over £15k as I think I'd still be looking at it in a month for any more. Interesting about people's perception of Ebay, many of us in the trade use it for marketing as it's only about a tenner to advertise a car for 10 days. A niche car gets between 1000 and 2000 hits in ten days. OK, so if 70% are kids dreaming, then the remainder might just be looking for what's on offer. Just sold a Vel Satis Initiale to an Ebay enquirer -and it was on Autotrader all along too. However, unless you have a good day, prices always fall well short of reality generally far less than a one-off sale through BCA even.
Picked up another car yesterday from a trader who had an Exige 111R (I think!) for sale. Looked like a Stealth Fighter in all black, wheels too. I would buy one of those over a V6 255 as, sorry to say, I didn't really enjoy my 255 that much and got bored with it in 5 mins.

As you say, eBay is quite good for marketing niche cars (easy access to forum readers).

I've bought two cars off eBay and have made money on both (including a 330ci which I got more for trading in for my Trophy than what I paid for it originally).

O.