hyb

Reaction score
My missus is collecting a 2000 172 tonight. Had a good poke round it yesterday and all it seemed sound, bar a few bumps and scrapes but the price is good enough. Anything specific to look out for that you know of?

Thx!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
steering wheels tend to scff up on them. I stuff one into a wall on my local 'track' before I got the Trophy and only had it about 2 months. Only things i'd say are make sure its been looked after - cam belt needs changing at 75k i think from memory.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The cambelt is 72k OR 5 years, so make sure the cambelt has been done, even if its only got 2 miles on the clock!

Otherwise its the same faults common in all of the models really, steering wheel tends to wear quickly (but luckily not fall to bits like some ph2's), check for any signs of oil on the rear dampers

hyb

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, the steering wheel has already sufferd from the looks of it. I'll be looking out for a replacement after we pick it up. I'll check the rear dampers!

Believe the cambelt was done at 45k so that should be ok.

Day

Reaction score
Nothing serious bar the cambelt, mine was done at 36k so this replace at 72k rubbish that gets spouted isn't quite true in most cases.

Idler bearing dries out and makes the car whine, fixed for less than £60.

The Mk2 steering wheel doesnt fit either.

Should be pretty solid, you should drive it - think you will be suprised how good they actually are :D

hyb

Reaction score
Picked it up and so far so good. Gave it the full 'works' (badoomtish) wash and wax and it looks great. The interior came up a real treat. Going to take it down to Rentech soon so it can get the once over and see what's what :)

IMG_9571.JPG

IMG_9570.JPG

IMG_9572.JPG

hyb

Reaction score
Think it may need a new idler bearing, it does whine quite a bit, almost as much as my mini

Reaction score
Cue said:
reminds me of my first RenSport..... memories..... :)

Same here, seeing that crazy blue interior again brings back the memories!