Exhaust gas valve light on

Reaction score
Trophy No.
This light has come on today and is on continuosly. Anyone know what this means or had a similar problem? The manual says take to Renault straight away. Cheers

Reaction score
Is this the emission light? If so probably Lambda sensor - you just need to find out which one which a garage should be able to diagnose for you.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
04a14e293a631748a6a7b6bce62b2582.jpg

I think that's the one yeah. It's the light shown in the photo.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Got 2 new Lambda sensors today which I'm going to put on tomorrow, hopefully that should sort it. If not i'll take it to the local dealers!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Is the car running as it would normally?

Have had this light come up before both flashing and on permanently, the latter being down to a reading out of normal range, but the light dissappears after 20 starts of the car I believe. The flashing light was when I first bought the car and it was related to the Pipercross open air induction kit, assume due to the incorrect amount of air being read by the sensors.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not overly sure as this happened on day 2 of ownership. It does feel a little hesitant sometimes.

Anyway, I've scanned the codes and its coming up with a P0130 code which refers to the pre cat Lambda. It is showing a reading when the engine is on, however it drops to 0.01v on idle which is below the range i think. It does rise in voltage when you give it revs though.

Anyone know where the fuel pressure regulator is located on the trophy so i can do a vacuum test on it to see if it detects the rich mixture?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
in the tank there is a pump/sender unit combo, inside this there is a fuel pressure regulator which is a bosch 3.5 bar unit. It's quite a simple setup so that when the pressure in the fuel line exceeds 3.5bar it opens and bleeds the fuel straight back into the tank.

On PH1's they had a 3 bar regulator mounted on the fuel pressure rail, obviously with return lines back to the tank.

Steve

This was from another Trophy owner.

The sender unit is under the rear seat I believe but never removed mine and the seals can be problematic so I have heard. Most believe the fault code relates to pre-cat lambda.