MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I'm going to say that 90% of Renault clios (Ph1 & Ph2) suffer from the sills / jacking points which the french have made from cheese which makes them crush and bend under.

Now a lot of people will have seen that i got a lot of bodywork carried out last year and i got my sills all straightened and undersealed (Topic Here - http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/52076-Alot-of-work-amp-all-for-free)

Now as the car has not moved since Dec 31st i have been doing a lot of work on the car and i had seen this done a year or so ago so i took note of it and done it myself and its tried & tested and works a treat.

Sill01.gif

Sill02.gif

Sill03.gif

Sill04.gif

I don't have any pictures as after they where undersealed my hands where covered in the stuff but i covered them on the outside and inside also. I then left them for a day or so and then tried it with a standard 2 Ton jack and they where perfect. I then sprayed them with more underseal both outside and inside the 1" Box steal tube.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Have a friend who a technology technician and he kindly knocked me up a set today!

Great idea which will hopefully give me a stable lifting point next time!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes have to agree there are better places, and cannot really see the point in having the jack with you, especially without a spare!

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I totally understand what people are saying but i have done this for the following reasons.

1, If i need to jack the car up its quick and easy.
2, its added extra strength to a very weak part of the car.
3, A lot of garages will jack it up at the correct jacking points
4, I won't be the only owner of this car so i have done a small modification to where the jacking point will not crush for another owner

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
do you use a scissor jack then not a trolley jack?

2 Ton Trolly Jack With Axel Stands.

The scissor jack burst and was rubbish.

Reaction score
haha yeah they are ****, them jacking points are only designed to be used with a scissor jack, which is why they crush using a trolley jack, and if i took my car to garage and saw them using a trolley jack on sills i would kick them in the nuts