Error code

Reaction score
injectors are not that hard. fuel crash gaurd off, unclip fuel supply...fuel everyhwere ... big fire...

no really small amount of spillage. unbolt fuel rail then pull
unclip injectors. swap out.

pushing the rail with injectors back into the manifold is the hardest bit as the washers are brand new.

rebuild

ECP where way cheaper than renault for brnad new injectors.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
injectors are not that hard. fuel crash gaurd off, unclip fuel supply...fuel everyhwere ... big fire...

no really small amount of spillage. unbolt fuel rail then pull
unclip injectors. swap out.

pushing the rail with injectors back into the manifold is the hardest bit as the washers are brand new.

rebuild

ECP where way cheaper than renault for brnad new injectors.

Is it possible to have the original injectors cleaned?

Reaction score
You can have injectors cleaned but im pretty sure its more cost effective just to have them replaced

Reaction score
Update.
I have found out that my plugs are newish but the leads are old. After wiggling the leads on top of the coil pack, and clearing the fault codes I had no problem for about a week. Having not driven the car for a week the problem has returned, although the fault code is now saying cylinder 3 only.
It looks like I am going to have to replace the coil pack and leads (about £80 from eurocarparts).

I will let you know how I get on.

Reaction score
Ok. Not the coil and leads. This is a list online for the p0300 error code
  • Faulty spark plugs or wires
  • Faulty coil (pack)
  • Faulty oxygen sensor (s)
  • Faulty fuel injector(s)
  • Burned exhaust valve
  • Faulty catalytic converter(s)
  • Stuck/blocked EGR valve / passages
  • Faulty camshaft position sensor
  • Defective computer
I have done the top 2.
3 - is this the MAP sensor (£61.99), does it just pull out and is there a way to test it?
4 - These (£55.99 each) look easy to replace and i have seen a way to test them, although that looks trickier than replacing.
5, 6 - I thought these would also pull up another error as well, so not sure.
7 - Don't know anything about this. There are none listed on Euro Car Parts. Does the Clio have one?
8 - Anyone know where this is and how to remove it. I watched a video of another car and it seems like it can be cleaned.
9 - Hope not.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Would a garage with a proper reader be able diagnose the fault further, or will they just get the same error code.

Reaction score
As mentioned earlier, I'm slowly working my way through the same symptoms and fault code.
Changed the coil pack, HT leads and plugs last weekend.
Still a little lumpy at idle, no flashing MIL since clearing fault code, but need a few more miles to be sure.
Will report back soon ........

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
3. Faulty Oxygen Sensor. This is not the MAP sensor, the MAP sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure) is attached to the inlet manifold. It measures air density so that the correct fuel/air ratio can be achieved.
The Oxygen sensor in question is attached to the exhaust manifold, before the catalyst converter, it measures oxygen concentration in the exhaust which allows for the correct fuel/air ratio. To fit a new one you just unplug the electrical connector and unscrew it from the exhaust, they're usually in pretty tight.

7. EGR valve, I don't believe the F4R Engine has one.

8. I believe this is referring to the TDC Sensor (Top Dead Centre). This measures when one of the pistons (I can't remember which one) is at the top of its stroke, that allows for the correct ignition timing. It's mounted on the side of the engine block underneath the thermostat housing. There is a guide in the technical section that hoolio has written which shows you how to clean or replace it.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
I had read about an oxygen sensor error code, don't know if that was for the Clio though.

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
7. EGR valves, I think they are only on diesels,,, arnt they...
My 40D X5 has one...

Reaction score
Got around to changing the spark plugs today. 2nd one is pretty black.
IMG_20170319_173414.jpg

That is the order they came out. Anybody got any idea about why one would be black.

Other thing I noticed was a pretty smoky exhaust considering the car was up to temp. I have had an issue with the temp gauge and have to wiggle the sensor very occasionally if the gauge starts to fluctuate but it is reading fine at the moment.

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_20170319_171949.jpg
    IMG_20170319_171949.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Latest.
I found a tube that had disconnected itself when I lifted the inlet cover.
Should have read this first - http://www.cliosportoc.com/forum/posts/f3/t92 .
Anyway car now running clean and there are no error codes yet.

I will probably wait a few miles and then check the second plug to see if I should change that injector.

Happy days.

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
As mentioned earlier, I'm slowly working my way through the same symptoms and fault code.
Changed the coil pack, HT leads and plugs last weekend.
Still a little lumpy at idle, no flashing MIL since clearing fault code, but need a few more miles to be sure.
Will report back soon ........

Update on mine.

Changed plugs, coilpack and leads - error code problem not solved but the leads & coilpack needing changing anyway 'cos a mouse had had a chew on them.

Measured injector resistances - Cylinders 1, 2 and 3 were +/- 15 ohms. Cylinder 4 was 12.1 ohms so just changed that injector and early signs are good. No error codes after a run up the road and then leaving to idle for 10 mins. Fingers crossed!

Reaction score
Bollocks!
Spoke too soon, MIL back on, code reader now saying misfire on cylinder 4 (new injector). Fcuk knows what's going on?...
More injector swappage to follow.

Reaction score
So, mine is running well since the new plugs, leads and coil pack.

I have had the light flick on once since, and there is now the same error code sitting on the system.
How the f*** can I have "almost" repaired the car.
I'm still thinking I should replace the injectors, just in case. Every few days I get sent a new offer from euro car parts. I'm thinking if I wait long enough they will end up free.

Reaction score
That is cheap. Its still pretty cheap for the Bosch ones.
Anyone think the Bosch are any better?

Reaction score
I had Bosch ones put in but didnt specifically choose them over another brand, its just what I was offered at the time