Reaction score
I have not as it serves not purpose at all...

Wonder if anyone actually does on a Trophy? *prepares to fall off chair...*

O.

Reaction score
Day said:
oliie said:
I have not as it serves not purpose at all...
Not even by reducing water ingress into main sub components?

If there was any harm in having water in various parts covered by an engine cover then there would be, erm, an engine cover. It would be more expensive for Renault to fix failed parts due to water seepage than to fit a cheap plastic cover so I'm sure it has been discounted for a reason (i.e. no point).

I am sure there are many thousands upon thousand of Clio owners the world over without engine covers that have never had any 'water ingress' problems ;)

Unless of course it ensures the water temperature sensor never fails... then I could see a use ;) :idea: :twisted:

O.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've condsidered getting one a few times purely for cosmetic reasons, but for the amount of times people see under the bonnet of my car, it's not worth it. The money could be better spent elsewhere.

Although the K-Tec carbon ones are very good quality and with a polished inlet manifold would look rather nice. :-k

Day

Reaction score
Thriller said:
Do you have one then day? They don't look to bad imo

Yup, no expense spared by Renault on my car lol

172%20enginebay.jpg

Day

Reaction score
I can replace mine for less than £500 all round Ollie :p

Reaction score
Well you do get what you pay for (offtopic). I think Skoda charge the same price on their Fabia... but then again you do get a engine cover and we don't you lucky bugger. You will never have water ingress problems! ;) <=== all jokes yeah... just pulling your leg (or two) :p 8)

Ok you can kill me now ;) :p :lol:

I think if the suspension ever konks out I will put PSS9s as a replacement. Hmm... that could be an interesting post all by itself... what would you replace your Sachs suspension with when no longer under warranty and it gives up?

Best sell the car when it is 2.5 years old has always been my philosophy to stay safe...

Can of worms re suspension alternatives... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Day

Reaction score
How does not posting for a while sound ;) j/k of course...

or is it :twisted:

Reaction score
Personally I always liked the fact the Trophy took the engine cover off as I think it looks horrible, too many engines these days are all covered in nasty cheap plastic, look at the M5 or any AMG mercedes.

The 182's got quite an attractive inlet manifold, if i had a standard 182 I would take the cover off.