Reaction score
(Decat + std exhaust)
Has anyone done this?

Thoughts? as this may be my next mod on the cheap...cant afford the sports cat (lol)

Ive read it frees up the exhaust flow, increases noise etc etc

Does anyone know what the fine would be if stopped at the road..(not very likely tho?)

Reaction score
I have and it made a slight difference, subtle rather than radical. Got mine from GDI who were very good, knew their stuff and delivered the pipe quickly. The only downside seems to be creaky exhaust baffles which may or may not be as a result of the decat? The upside is I can now go for a new exhaust, probably a Hayward & Scott. I've also just ordered the Group N chip from GDI, which should be here soon. I'm hoping that will make a difference. As far as getting stopped goes, tell them your cat must be damaged.

Reaction score
exhaust

id agree with corneyman as i have the same decat n just tell the cops the decats in the manifold theyl never no lol. also corneyman i want to no how much difference the chip givs wen uv got it fitted

Reaction score
hmmmm

so only a slight noise increase then?
power increase ? 1bhp, 2bhp...lol

is it worth it for £100

Reaction score
I think its a means to an end rather than an end in itself. The car does pick up faster I noticed this on a trip to the Lake District but I feel its only a slight difference. I know the GDI guys check our site so their thoughts or perhaps those of the Yozza guys would help. I do view it as a positive change though, and for £100 its not too expensive. Keep your original cat though for the MOT.

Reaction score
its not just about peak bhp, as i always say..

if the drivabiliy can be improved then its well worth it..

most of my work when mapping is aimed at that...we spend 70% of the mapping time in the low to mid sites working on the correct ignition and fueling to make the engine respond well in addition to getting the power and economy balance as well.

as to the law, as always technically a decat is illegal... but i suspect a warning and 7 days to get it changed would be enforced.

if anyone wants to talk it over in more detail please feel free to call us at work for a chat.

01954 719 007

Andy

p.s. inlet porting and matching can net some well worthwhile gains for reasonable money,

Reaction score
corneyman said:
I have and it made a slight difference, subtle rather than radical. Got mine from GDI who were very good, knew their stuff and delivered the pipe quickly. The only downside seems to be creaky exhaust baffles which may or may not be as a result of the decat? The upside is I can now go for a new exhaust, probably a Hayward & Scott. I've also just ordered the Group N chip from GDI, which should be here soon. I'm hoping that will make a difference. As far as getting stopped goes, tell them your cat must be damaged.

WHAT do you mean creaky echaust baffles....im gonna go for a decat or at leaset a sport cat.......

Reaction score
I'm about to fit an exhaust this weekend but have strayed away from a decat.

Let's say you have an accident (touch wood you don't) and you need to go to hospital. Let's also say you've hit another car and it's your fault (not that you intended it to happen).

The last thing you want to worry about is your insurance because it is more than likely that they will not pay for your car upon inspection of it and they probably won't pay for the other car (for which you will have to pay out of your own pocket).

Suddenly an extra 2 or 3 bhp doesn't really seem worth it. :-k

Or am I wrong?

O.

Reaction score
meh.....your right... what system you intending on going for....i was considering blue flame???

Reaction score
big_peaches said:
meh.....your right... what system you intending on going for....i was considering blue flame???

I bought the Janspeed from Hyb... I understand it is not too loud which will be good seeing as I do quite a bit of motorway miles at the moment...

I heard the Blueflame is quite good... there are some good deals on eBay for that system which could be a good bet.

I was only being overly pessemistic on the de-cat; I have heard horror stories in the past (to a close friend) so I prefer to play it safe if I can. Oh well...

O.