Decat/induction

Reaction score
Hi -

had a quick browse but nothing to informative on if people are using a decat pipe or induction kits.

obviously a lot of people keep their trophy standard but wanted to see if anyone out there has made these mods and the general input - good or bad?

Reaction score
These cars are the same as the other 182 models, expand your search a bit, I would not bother with a decat, and induction kits, you could get an uprated filter for your standard box or get a v6 box, or get a fatty induction set up, the list is endless and all give the same minimal results

Reaction score
I run a decat and k-tec induction kit. Induction kit sounds mental especially with the uprated cams.

Reaction score
The F4R is a naturally aspirated engine that costs a lot to extract power from it. As Mikey mentioned, the engine is the same in all 182s and this subject is covered extensively on cliosport.net so worth a look.

The KTR induction kit is definitely worth trying to experience first hand, it's not to everyone's taste.

Decat pipes are only worth it if you know a friendly MOT tester, or you can be bothered to swap it annually, plus the noise can be rather tiresome on long runs.

Gains are proven but these engines all start from different places so it's difficult to know where you might end up without knowing your starting point. Then there's the mapping option - if you're making breathing changes should you get an RS Tuner map or a custom map to make the most of them.

For some they're a waste of time / money, for others more of a placebo, and some just like tinkering with their car, especially simple, reversible changes.

I've got a decat along with an RS2 inlet, and motorway driving is pretty dire. Fortunately that's minimal for me and I make the most of the 'benefits' on spirited B road driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Thanks all for the input. i'll do some research and see where i go.

i like the idea of these additions as easy to reverse and i drive only b roads..... motorways do not play a part in my station run everyday.