Dazzler32's Trophy Progress Thread

Reaction score
Yeah I was a bit gutted when I got home.

It has moved quite a bit on the way home as it is a 30min drive, most of it motorway.

I'm happy though as the brakes don't squeal anymore and I can go out do a 5mile loop and enjoy every aspect of the car. :grin:

Although I do have a whistling noise which I need to locate. Not sure if it's inducting related or wind noise.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Y-y-y-you.... how dare you! ;) :p We're through!

Nice one mate, I'm glad you've been able to source a decent exhaust system. Time to enjoy it a little...

Reaction score
Y-y-y-you.... how dare you! :wink: :tongueout: We're through!

Nice one mate, I'm glad you've been able to source a decent exhaust system. Time to enjoy it a little...

:smirk: I could only wait so long for you! Sorry. :kissingheart:

If things workout I'll be going on another road trip, this time around the Cairngorms on Saturday.

IMG_0542.PNG

Reaction score
Trophy No.
:smirk: I could only wait so long for you! Sorry. :kissingheart:
Hahaha! I know mate, no problem at all :smile: I'm sure some other sucker Clio owner will buy the ProSpeed!

Ooh - that looks a nice route. I did this one back in 2010 (I think) from Fort William up to Inverness... and it was fantastic!

cairngorms_zpsnkivritj.png

Reaction score
Well our drive today didn't quite go to plan. :worried: We only managed about half our loop, the a93 to Battater as the incident happened a few miles into the a939 stage. My pals TT came off 2nd best after it landed hard going over a large bump in the road, suspected cracked sump.

IMG_0405.JPG

Apart from his misfortune it was a great drive, the T was epic and glad I went for ds2500 as the extra stopping power was needed when confronted with a sheep blocking the road. My other friend was in his Golf R, it covers ground effortlessly and overtaking as ease compared to the T.

My intention was to grab pictures of the 3 cars together in Aviemore so the only other pic I took was of my amazing parking as we waited on the car be recovered. I'm ashamed of my effort although I won't kerb an alloy. :relieved:

IMG_2324.JPG

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Bloody Audi drivers... :p Joking aside, that it pretty gutting. I hope it's nothing more serious than a cracked sump.

Apart from that, it's good to hear you enjoyed the part of the trip you did manage to cover! You'll just have to pick up the remainder of the route at a later date.

4/10 for parking effort though mate... ;)

Reaction score
Yeah, it wasn't a nice way for it to end for him. He just had the timing belt and Haldex serviced this week. Fingers crossed it is just the sump as he can fix it himself.

I had intended to do a U turn but we ended up walking to the pub. I did move it closer though before our refreshments.

Reaction score
:grinning:I'm sure yo will have got your daily step count in just walking to the kerb D

Yeah the walk helped straighten me out! :grimacing:

I'm finding it hard to get comfortable on these longer drives. I'm not sure if the lower seat base would do or not. :worried:

I need to try and get another trip sorted before the summer. :smiley:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah, it wasn't a nice way for it to end for him. He just had the timing belt and Haldex serviced this week. Fingers crossed it is just the sump as he can fix it himself.

I had intended to do a U turn but we ended up walking to the pub. I did move it closer though before our refreshments.
Ouch - that's very unfortunate :(

At least there was a pub within walking distance for refreshment. Every cloud and all that...

Reaction score
Sadly and with some regret I think my time as owner of #422 is nearing the end. I love the car and have spent a lot on it but I just don't get to drive it the way it was intended often enough.:pensive:

Now I'm not sure how to price it. It is on 95,500 miles and I am the 4th owner. Mechanically the car is sound apart from leaks at the cat which I'll sort.
Now bare in mind is a drivers car and not a garage queen so cosmetically it has issues which are mileage/age related i.e. Stone chips, a few dents and the odd scratch.

So where do I price it? I know I won't recoup what I've spent on it as I was planning on keeping it.

I'm in no rush to sell so no need for me to give it away. Any and all feedback appreciated.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that but can understand the reasons.

Hmmm price not sure with all the crazy figures going round atm but what ever tou put it up for some one is going to get a great car.

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking a fixed price of £5500 similar to what Chris did would be on the money.

I've sold the Mini SD and I'm due to collect a 208 Gti 30th anniversary next week. I'm hoping it's a baby Megane. :smile:

Reaction score
Sorry your moving on mate. There's plenty of documentation on here for anyone wanting to see the recent life of the car. I think you are about bang on the money there with your 5500. Give it a go, it's a strange market , some cars are being snapped up in hours, others don't move. A lot of buyers don't want to travel miles for a car so if there's any northern potential buyers you might pull them in

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm disappointed mate. Very disappointed. Very, very disappointed the truth be known... *shakes head* I've heard some terrible excuses for getting rid of the Trophy but that is the lamest excuse I've ever heard... :p

Seriously, good luck with the sale. It's a shame it's being moved on :( You're also missing out on the Welsh Weekender which is an absolute tragedy! Such a good weekend!

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought I might upset the lifers but it can't be helped. :tearsofjoy:

I don't regret buying the Trophy though. I may however regret not doing the weekender. :unamused:

I'll get an advert drafted up and see what happens so fingers crossed.

Reaction score
Well guys my time as owner of #422 is over, Ben the new owner has not long left.

I'd just like to say a Big thanks all you lot as it's added to the ownership experience! Thanks for the help and advice over my year and a bit of ownership. It would have been nice to put faces to these names and I may regret not attending the weekender but as per my timing is rubbish. :smile:

I'm staying French though as I traded the Mini in for this:-

208 Gti 30th Anniversary

IMG_2429.JPG