Reaction score
As I crept past 500 miles last night, I thought i was time to start using all of the throttle. When I depress the accelerator it feels like there is something stopping me from hitting the throttle stop, it I then apply slightly more pressure I can feel it move past this point and hit the stop on the carpet. Is this normal, and if so what is it about?

Everytime I drive the car for the first time when it has been stopped for a while, I can feel a clunk through the clutch pedal, the clunk is also loud enough to be heard by passengers. I am assuming it is something to do with the brakes, but I am not sure if it is ok, any ideas?

Cheers!

hyb

Reaction score
I felt the same thing when I went and saw my trophy in the lockup at renault. Sat in it and played around with it, the go fast pedal felt like it was an automatic car with kickdown. Get so far then you hit resistance, press a bit more and it clicks past to the floor. Not sure what it is as i'm yet to drive the bloody thing

I think the clunk is the brakes testing themselves or something. When you start the car and goto move, i think its the abs or something doing a test. I'm sure someone else can clarify :p

Reaction score
Cheers for the reply fella, peace of mind to know that it is not just my car! :D Wonder what the accelertor thingy is about though? :?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep, the clunking is the ABS self test system and nothing to worry about.

The acellerator thing you've noticed is the overide switch for the cruise control and speed limiter modes. If you push the pedal hard enough you find it clicks a bit further and this allows you to temporarily exceed the limited speed on speed limiter mode, or deactivate the cruise control in that mode.

Reaction score
How does the overide switch affect the accelerator if you do not have c/control or s/limiter activated, will you still get full acceleration if you go as far as the resistance, or do you have to go beyond to get the full whammy?

Reaction score
Was just gonna post about that "clunk" noise

Cheers Guys! =D>

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
OliS said:
How does the overide switch affect the accelerator if you do not have c/control or s/limiter activated, will you still get full acceleration if you go as far as the resistance, or do you have to go beyond to get the full whammy?

As far as I know you you get the full whammy of acceleration well before the the click of the overide button. There's no need to press it any further than the limit of the pedal with normal pressure.

Remember its a fly by wire throttle, so its not like you're pulling the throttle cable any further by pushing it the extra bit or anything like that.