Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think follow the advice above and check that the sensor is properly in place and keep an eye on it. I think the coolant temp sensor fault would mean this happens frequently. Have you just changed the coolant?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
When driving Trophy first thing in the morning it take a while to get upto temperature, when its in the middle of the gauge is then drops to 1/3 way up the gauge, then goes up to halfway again. Is this a faulty temperature sensor? seems ok at the moment, just thinking that in cold weather is could cause an issue?!

That's what mine did before I changed mine. It started off like that but it soon got worse.

As hoolio suggests, if the coolant has been changed recently it could have some air flowing through. Try bleeding the system first.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You do loose a dribble of coolant in the process but a few minutes running with the cap off and pumping the top hose is all you need to sort that

Reaction score
What is the part no. for this? Does it come with a seal? Not changed coolant yet as bought in December, was serviced/topped up before I bought it. Going to buy some Renault Type D coolant & change it once sensor replaced or issue sorted.

Reaction score
I believe it has a crush type washer fitted, I've got a spare one set in my glovebox I can check shortly, power ranger works in Renault parts though so can probably provide this info quicker than myself!

Reaction score
Top man! Thanks for the pics very useful, rocking the Type D coolant I see, its good stuff as got the in my Renault 5 Gt Turbo lol.