Reaction score
Has anyone thought about doing this to match the rest of the plastic interior?

Reaction score
Oh right, don't suppose you have any pics?

Reaction score
I flocked my A pillar covers a few weeks back. I use Donjer flock from the USA, it's the best flock i have used http://www.donjer.com/cars.htm though you can't buy adhesives as not allowed to ship them over here.

I've also used the flock from Frost and it's a bit coarser, nowhere near as fine as the Donjer stuff.

I've been flocking items now for about 4 years and over trial and error so far I've found the best method is to ensure the surface is clear of all silicone based car interior cleaners, just about all dashboard/interior cleaner use it, adhesive just doesn't glue to the surface. I started flocking to make reflective dash panels not reflect annoying sunlight.

So i clean with a pre-paint surface cleaner to remove all wax/grease/silicones.

Then I use a EVOstick impact adhesive as it gives a good flexible base.

Then I use Frosts coloured water based I think PVA glue, goes on like paint. So where possible use a wide brush to get a very even surface coating. I find doing it straight onto the surface rather than onto the Evostick sometimes means it can peal off after time. http://www.frost.co.uk/item_Detail.asp? ... Name=Black Extra Flock Adhesive 250ml

Then use Donjer's mini flockers. Works really well gives a very nice finish.

I'll take some pictures of my pillars over next few days show you the finish.

I have also used a professional flocking company, the dashboard in my Celica was professionally flocked, and TBH the finish I can get now using Donjer stuff is as good a finish. Though I would not tackle something as large as the surface area of a modern dashboard using anything other than professional service as they have special electrically charged adhesive and flocking systems. I have done the dash for our trackday Cinquecento and it worked brilliant as I could do it in two stages.

Reaction score
I took some pictures of my A-pillars which are flocked, I also did the plastic section on the door behind the mirror as it's in same area and looks more complete. I also did a few other itmes which I've also taken pictures of.

You may notice a few other changes since last pictures, the carbon dash panels and steering wheel badge.

030210001.jpg

030210003.jpg
030210005.jpg
030210004.jpg
030210002.jpg

Reaction score
One of the members on Cliosport offers to retrim these in alcantara, think you have to send yours, they get retrimmed and then sent back to you. £40 if I remember correctly

matt

Reaction score
Coool where did you get the carbon fibre inserts from?

The flocking looks good by the way

Reaction score
Sam_K said:
Coool where did you get the carbon fibre inserts from?

The flocking looks good by the way

Thank you, I do like the flocking as primarily it's to stop reflections, I am thinking on buying a 2nd hand dash and removing the air vent so i can flock it as it gives bad reflections, and getting the instrument binnacle trimmed in black leather with red stitching to match the wheel and gator, much like the 500 Abarth is, or most high end cars. Can't really do the full dash because of the air-bag.

Carbon dash inserts and s/wheel badge I got done by a guy on ClioSport, he also sells stuff on ebay, but I bought some cheap inserts from a low spec Clio & 2nd hand badge from ebay and sent them to him to get done, I still have the colour co-ordinated ones but think I'll sell them on.

Reaction score
Looks decent, where did you get the silver hand brake button from?

Reaction score
Cue said:
where's the gear gator from?

I got it made at same place who covered my steering wheel for me, Gibson Trimming, the original fake leather one was very poor quality. This is genuine leather about double thickness of original with as seen red stitching.

And for information the metal surround is just a Richbrook one for any Clio I fitted to tidy it all up, I like it.

Reaction score
j333evo said:
Stevie said:
Looks decent, where did you get the silver hand brake button from?

Silver handbrake button comes from full-fat Clio 172/182's

Yes but where did you buy it? :)

And was fitting it easy?

Reaction score
Stevie said:
Yes but where did you buy it? :)

And was fitting it easy?

I think it may have been ebay, but tey come from time to time on there and ClioSport, just look for someone breaking a FF172/182 and ask for it.

It's very simple to remove/refit. Small flat headscrew driver between handle and button and using a bit of pressure it comes off, to refit just push on the new one.

Reaction score
Ok thanks, found it hard so far finding one.

And have you painted your alarm sensors? Mine are black.

Reaction score
Stevie said:
Ok thanks, found it hard so far finding one.

And have you painted your alarm sensors? Mine are black.

My alarm sensors are grey and I left them as such. I removed them when I flocked my pillars, though on my car the wire passes through the panel, so I had to use a Stanley knife and cut a nice thin line up to the top so I could get them out without having to cut the wire. On my friends Ph2172 they just wrapped round the side and were slightly different sensors.

Can't help you with the button, they do come up from time to time on ClioSport and ebay, so just be patient.

Reaction score
Nice job. I quite fancy having my steering wheel done with Altantara. Might have to contact them and see if it's possible! Also is that an delta integrale I see in the garage! Lucky chap!