Reaction score
When I set off in the car from cold, the engine feels like its running on three cylinders. A few hundred yards down the street and all is well.

Is this an engine management thing?

I had a 172 Cup a couple of years back and I seem to remember it doing something similar.

Any suggestions, do they all do this?

Reaction score
Yes that what my 182 like from cold some day take adout 20 sec to get over 30 MPH so that something you have to live with but if you let it tik over for 1 minit then it will be ok.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
never had the rough thing on any of my 3 172's or my trophy. that said the trophy is a little jerky when cold but never hesitates or slow to accelerate - its the opposite tbh, very very throttle sensitive

Day

Reaction score
Always worth running the engine for a few minutes before setting off.

At 05:45 some mornings it's not an option for me :(

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah, I get this all the time. It runs rough for about a minute then you can feel it kick into life. Mine even backfires a bit when you lift off the throttle during this time.

I believe its the car trying to keep the emissions in check until the cat has warmed up.

Reaction score
Yeah mine is a little jumpy when cold but once its warmed up its worth the little agro.

amm

Reaction score
corneyman said:
When I set off in the car from cold, the engine feels like its running on three cylinders. A few hundred yards down the street and all is well.

Is this an engine management thing?

I had a 172 Cup a couple of years back and I seem to remember it doing something similar.

Any suggestions, do they all do this?
run it for 30 seconds to 60 seconds and give it time to warm up it will run better :wink: