Reaction score
Good find - I don't have sound on my PC at work so will have a listen later to see which came out on top.

Didn't realise the Megy was a two seater with the role cage in the back.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Also tonight on fifth gear the twingo rs vs renault 5 gtt. Should be good.

Reaction score
Enjoyed watching this - cheers. Both great cars and he gives a good, honest review. Must be nice to have a job testing cars like that. Pity there aren't many TV reviews of the Trophy - or are there? Think I'll have a beer or two for Fifth Gear tonight.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Also tonight on fifth gear the twingo rs vs renault 5 gtt. Should be good.

Watched it to see this - usually can't stand the presenters.

GTT was not a patch on yours Hoolio :D

Reaction score
Trophy No.
:D I was actually a little disappointed with this, it was very short. i didn't doubt the twingo would win but like they said i suspect with the same rubber on i think it may have been closer but still not bad for a 20 year old car on vintage rubber in the wet. I've not been on the 5 forums yet but i suspect there will be much teeth nashing :lol:

Trophyfan that's actually BigSteve's Raider and is very nice, it normally walks away with the concours awards at shows, well it used to anyway :wink:

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Trophyfan that's actually BigSteve's Raider and is very nice, it normally walks away with the concours awards at shows, well it used to anyway :wink:

Nothing like putting my foot in it - sorry big S :oops: . Should add 'from what I saw from the pics of yours' plus it was bloomin awful weather they were hooning them round in.

Would much rather have the GTT than the Twingo any day for street cred RS or not ! :lol:

Reaction score
Just watched the Twingo vs R5 on youtube and I must say that I was gutted the R5 didn't win. But hey, for a 20 year old car on older rubber, I'd say that was a rather good performance, especially in the wet. Would be interesting to see them pitted against one another in the dry with similar rubber.

It's great that the R5 has a renewed credibility now; having shaken off the chav image (in the eyes of the enthusiast) Hoolio - let's see yours at a meet, eh! :D

Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
Hoolio - let's see yours at a meet, eh! :D

Quicksilver... agree, would be nice but suspect that could be a very long wait!! :wink:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Quite the opposite peeps, i'm itching to get out and show it off :(

just a bit of an update, the rubber wasn't old but to get it as "original" as possible, a couple of days before he fitted new uniroyal 195 55 13's which are terrible in the wet so that's got to worth a couple of seconds :)

I'll stop hijacking this thread now :oops:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
a couple of seconds is an understatement. in my experience it'll be anything up to 5 secs. The difference between exaltos and r888's is around that and the exaltos and the uniroyals would be 3-4 seconds at least i'd imagine in wet conditions.