Reaction score
I know the going rate for a good one not needing any work is about £7500 and I have the cash.

Please only contact me if you are selling a standard trophy with a maximum of 2 owners so that I can personally verify every detail of the car, from the original purchase invoice and PDi through to the most recent MOT and all details in between.

If I can't verify this information then I'm afraid I'm not interested.

I absolutely do not want one with any mods whatsoever.

Here's a few other requirements;
FRSH inc. recommended belt changes where applicable
HPI clear
No accident damage or stolen/recovered
Not raced or track day'ed

I'm near Chester but will travel nationally if the cars meets the above criteria. I have also asked Lookers Chester and DS Cars in Lichfield to find me one, they have my number 07973 740901 or e-mail sourcecodeman@msn.com with full details and as many pictures as you can send. Many thanks in advance & regards

Reaction score
Renault sticker price was nearly £15k, some left the forecourts for as low as £11,500. I still have original invoice and I'm second owner, why wouldn't you keep it? With cars like these and enthusiast owners people have a tendency to keep everything. Old tax discs, MOT's, recall letters, tool pack, tyre foam, all manuals etc. I always see it as a sign of a meticulously careful owner, therefore well cared for car, if everything is intact. It baffles me when cars a few years old are sold with only one set of keys. How on earth in a few years do you lose a set of keys to something on averge worth between £5k and £50k?

You might want to 'lose' the original invoice to avoid the person you are selling knowing how little you originally paid, and avoiding them trying to say "you only paid £12k brand new for this Trophy, therefore your loss isn't great"; then they try to bargain you down. Or the purchasor may want to trace the car back to the original dealer with the invoice. Those invoices usually have handy numbers on like key serial numbers, paint codes, chassis and engine numbers too.

I know the price coming down part if it was cheap to start with doesn't really wash, as you'll only sell for what you want/have to sell for. But it is an aspect of the psychology of selling a car.

Happy hunting stokedrich.

Reaction score
There's a Trophy for sale on Pistonheads classifieds with 11k on the clock, one owner, for £9k. I've got no connection to it, just thought it might be what you're after? (If a little bit more expensive than you were hoping)

Reaction score
Thanks Gordon - totally agree with everything you said. Saw the 11k miles Trophy on the Trader but it's too dear for me unfortunately otherwise it's perfect. For 9k you can get a nearly new Twingo Cup 133...that's not to say that 9k is too much for what looks and sounds like a brand new Trophy...struggling with the search TBH so may get a Twingo 133 or try and find another 172 Cup for even less money (but probably even harder to find a good one one lol)

Reaction score
1ST TIME ON HERE , THINK THE CLIO YOUR TALKING ABOUT IS AT ALLVECHILES. IF IT IS I AM VIEWING IT ON SAT AND PX MY 182 55 PLATE IN BLACK GOLD WITH RECAROS. THOUGHT THAT WAS ABOUT THE GOIN RATE FOR A TROPHY WITH THAT MILEAGE AND OWNERS ETC.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
FISHER said:
1ST TIME ON HERE , THINK THE CLIO YOUR TALKING ABOUT IS AT ALLVECHILES. IF IT IS I AM VIEWING IT ON SAT AND PX MY 182 55 PLATE IN BLACK GOLD WITH RECAROS. THOUGHT THAT WAS ABOUT THE GOIN RATE FOR A TROPHY WITH THAT MILEAGE AND OWNERS ETC.

Whoa..........Too loud dude :wink:

Stoked I do think you are asking quite a lot and unnecessarily ruling out good ones (my mint one owner would be ruled out) and also those within your requirements are going to be out of your price range I suspect.

Reaction score
I'm looking to sell, mine has the above requirements except I'm the 3rd owner. All the others have registered their ownership on here, so could be tracked down. Looking for a quick sale. If you're interested pm me :wink:

Reaction score
roystinho said:
I'm looking to sell, mine has the above requirements except I'm the 3rd owner. All the others have registered their ownership on here, so could be tracked down. Looking for a quick sale. If you're interested pm me :wink:

I'm guessing you're after a Clio 200?

Reaction score
marrow said:
roystinho said:

Got one ordered, but would rather it go to someone wanting one than the rubbish trade in offer, though have got someone interested if it's still here in a week or so

Reaction score
roystinho said:
marrow said:
roystinho said:

Got one ordered, but would rather it go to someone wanting one than the rubbish trade in offer, though have got someone interested if it's still here in a week or so

Best of luck with the sale, fingers crossed you don't get shafted by your dealer.

Reaction score
Thanks all, gonna hold out until I get 10k and probably buy a Twingo 133 Cup in Capsicun Red. Just missed out on a minter too @ Lookers Chester which has just been sold :( ...