Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
stick the cat on a vice to hold it and get a extension socket for the wrench - looks like a normal socket but deeper so you can use on the nut and has gap in it for the wire to go through.. A good tug and you'll be fine.

i soaked mine in wd40 for a couple of days and it still wouldn't shift until i thought of what is actually an obvious solution.

Reaction score
I know the exact noise you mean, mine has been doing it for about 1 month now, the noise doesnt kick in till about 5500rpm no matter what gear im in. Ive checked the exhaust again 2day and found a small leak where the cat joins the exhaust, not the manifold side. Going to try to get under and tighten it 2morrow.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just for everyone's attention the O2/Lambda sensor costs £86.97 + VAT = £102.19 :shock:

Reaction score
Glad you got it all sorted mate, how did u find fitting the itg maxogen? When i got mine fitted its pretty tight, and quite close to rubbing on (not quite sure the exact part but something coming from the engine) that gets pretty hot! thats a shocking description i know.

Reaction score
I'll get some easing oil on the sensor and leave it a few days and see how I get on with. Last thing I want to do is break it. Does anyone know where it unplugs?? I thought it would be the same as how a spark plug connects but it looks like the wire is joined to it.

The ITG took a couple of hours to fit - it was a tight fit but it all seems to be OK now! got a bit worried when it said I needed to take the arch liner and acoustic valve out but that ended up being quite easy. I thought the instructions were a bit unintuitive. It took me ages to work out that one of the pieces was a blanking plate that you covered the old cold air feed with. Other than that it all went quite well.

Patrick

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
pat1trophy said:
I'll get some easing oil on the sensor and leave it a few days and see how I get on with. Last thing I want to do is break it. Does anyone know where it unplugs?? I thought it would be the same as how a spark plug connects but it looks like the wire is joined to it.

The ITG took a couple of hours to fit - it was a tight fit but it all seems to be OK now! got a bit worried when it said I needed to take the arch liner and acoustic valve out but that ended up being quite easy. I thought the instructions were a bit unintuitive. It took me ages to work out that one of the pieces was a blanking plate that you covered the old cold air feed with. Other than that it all went quite well.

Patrick

i thought the same about the same the same blanking plate lol, re the sensor - it#s a normal wiring plug about 6 inch down the wire iirc.

Reaction score
scott said:
I know the exact noise you mean, mine has been doing it for about 1 month now, the noise doesnt kick in till about 5500rpm no matter what gear im in. Ive checked the exhaust again 2day and found a small leak where the cat joins the exhaust, not the manifold side. Going to try to get under and tighten it 2morrow.

Right, just solved the issue with mine. Over the last week the noise got louder and louder and i also seemed to loose a small amout of power. I removed the clamp on the exhaust side of the cat, cleaned up the clamp and around the cat / exhaust, put some exhaust weld around the inside profile of the clamp and re-fitted, whistling noise now gone and feelslike is back to normal. :D :D

Reaction score
The car does hiss slightly with the acoustic valve removed, however if it's a whistling similar to a turbo/supercharger
it is most likely the bearings in the accessories belt pulley/tensioner.
Mine used to make that noise until the above items were replaced.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
jack_davey said:
The car does hiss slightly with the acoustic valve removed, however if it's a whistling similar to a turbo/supercharger
it is most likely the bearings in the accessories belt pulley/tensioner.
Mine used to make that noise until the above items were replaced.

the whistling is standard - it's induction noise. all trophys do it

Reaction score
Right I've got a bit of an update on this..........

The car went down to K-Tec and they fitted my Sports Cat and a new Cat Back system as mine was knackered. I decided to go for a Milltek which I'm happy with but it is a bit louder than I thought it was going to be! They also replaced the rear exhaust hangers as these were totally shot and rattling around which was probably not helping with the noise I had.

The car also went to the Stealers and had a its 35,000 mile service a couple of thousand miles early as I had to take it in for them to do a recall on the bonnet catch.

I'm now seriously skint but the car is now running better than ever and I'm still chuffed to bits with it. :D

Cheers,

Patrick