G

After much consideration about what I could do with the Trophy, I have decided to sell. The trophy has been great and nothing has gone wrong since I've brought it off 'johnnytheboy' off here (he's looked after it wonderfully during his ownership)

Clio Trophy 182
-Number 383/500
-2005 '55' plate
-32k mileage
-Full service history (Renault and Ktec, serviced every year)
-3 previous owners (including me)
-MOT due in October 2010
-Taxed due end of March 2010
-Service due in August 2010/39k
-front brake discs changed last year with new front and rear pads.
-4 new PE2's put on last month so plenty of tread left.
-Front Sach dampers were refurbished 1 1/2 years ago and still feel nice and fresh
-I've always ran the car on 99 ron from Tesco
-Washed and waxed every 2 weeks
-Wiper stalk mod
-Ktec Racing Carbon Fibre Matt Front lip

DSC09027.gif
DSC09028.gif
DSC09029.gif
DSC09030.gif
DSC09031.gif
DSC09032.gif
DSC09033.gif
DSC09034.gif
DSC09035.gif
DSC09036.gif
DSC09044.gif
DSC09045.gif
DSC09047.gif
DSC09048.gif
DSC09049.gif

Price wise I am looking for £7500 ovno

The reason for selling is, I havent really connected with the car :lol: if that is any reason. I felt its missing something for me that something special that triggers inside you. I've decided to go back to JDM as I dont think the Renault Sports are suited for me. I love the powerful hatchback feel and the nimbleness of the trophy. Really handles wonderfully and setup perfectly, but it doesnt leave me with a grin like a honda does... hence the change.

I had big plans for the trophy but decided against modding it as I felt it should be left standard as the final edition of the 182's.

Sorry Johnny, I feel I've let you down when you handed over the keys to me but I did try!

thanks for reading
Eric

Reaction score
Hopefully #382's older brother will go to a good home!

Thats a shame though mate, good luck with the sale :)

Reaction score
actually thinking about its my one younger brother ..... lol

G

yeah your right Sam! 383 is younger... :lol:

I havent advertised it anywhere else yet as I really want this trophy staying within the club as a club members car.

I dont want to start advertising at autotrader, pistonheads and cliosport yet as I think the right enthusiasts will look here first...

G

Aux belt was changed ( cant remember off the top of my head) will need to check service history records.

but cambelt/auxbelt (5 years/72k) will need changing in August. but I am happy to discuss reductions over the asking price if interested.

thanks

Reaction score
I can thoroughly recommend this car - it left my hands in excellent nick not long ago - in fact I'd buy it back if space/money permitted as my Focus RS's handling and ride isn't a patch on a Trophy's.

I can confirm that the Aux belt was changed at the 3 year service in August 2008 at a mileage of about 22k IIRC.

Can I have my £10 now Eric? :lol:

G

thanks for that Johnny, the money is in the post! :lol:

pics will be uploaded tonight.

thanks

G

photos now uploaded that were taken this weekend just gone.

all pm's replied too! :D

Reaction score
That did not last long then air?!
You need to get it on a track to really connect :wink:

G

hey Pete! yes I know... :oops:

track was a consideration but johnny left the car in mint condition and I didnt want to destroy it on track :lol:

G

:lol: you know you wouldnt have the heart to do that johnny! :D

Reaction score
Yo Air,
Did you notice I am tagged former owner now after 4 good yrs...
Wont see me round patchway anymore, well not in the T anyway, its gone up North with Keo to Stoke.

I am not going JDM like you mind, I had a look at a couple, the mods and owners are bonkers, had job to find a straight/stdish one.

200 Cup for me, have to wait till May - factory order.

G

2 less trophy's in Bristol now then... :cry:

yeah it will be hard to find a decent jdm.. alot of dodgy ones about.. :evil:

I'll keep a look out for the 200 cup around May then! :D (lol I'm sure your'll work out its me waving!)

G

#383 is now officially SOLD

1st guy come to see and deposit taken. picking up car on wednesday with rest of the balance. :D

that was quick... but I knew it wouldnt hang around. sorry for the guy's who have pm me its now sold sorry!

Dont worry Johnny, the new owner is a nice chap who will look after the car well. (Or I wouldnt sell it to him! :lol: ) He's on the forum so I'm sure he'll introduce himself very soon.

thanks for the wonderful support on the forum. Its been a great resource and banter place to be.

I'll be hanging around like Johnnytheboy though... :D

Over and out guys!
Eric