Reaction score
hi folks ive been thinking tonight of selling my clio trophy, i purchased the car from a bristol dealership about 4 months ago and with me and the other half moving in together in the next few months we are going to be needing every penny we got. my main traveling in this car has been to the gym every day which is an 18 mile round trip, so i dont really need a car of this calibre to get around in and will be purchasing myself a diesel if the car gets sold

82,000 coming up to 83k

sadly no service history, i dont know whether the cars history had been lost but i bought the car on 78k on the strength of its condition which in my opinion is a good example. but since ive owned the car it has had its full 80k service, full cam belt(including tensioners) auxillary belt and water pump all genuine renault

2 owners from new

hpi clear

mot expires at the end of september

tax expires at the end of september

i have not checked whether the dampers need servicing or not but the car handles and drives like new

Photo0201.jpg

Photo0202.jpg

Photo0203.jpg

Photo0197.jpg

i am looking around £6200 ono, opinions welcome, am i asking for too much? this is the first place i have advertised the car, but it will be going in autotrader and piston heads at a later date if the car isnt sold

Reaction score
I expect most people on here will tell you it's worth nothing without history... I think you'd be lucky to get the asking price without it, but if you can prove the cambelt has been done and the dampers and wishbones are as new you should get a fair price IMO.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
If you contact a Renault dealer with the reg they should be able to give you the history if it was serviced by a main dealer. Might be worth a try

Reaction score
ok folks the car is definately for sale now, ive found myself my dream car but the dealer is not offering me what i want for my trophy thinking its the usual 182!

but anyway if i dont sell it by this time next week i will be part chopping it in and paying that bit more hence the good price of

£4500 ono

recent issue with the oil light flashing up has turned out to be the oil temp switch located at the front of the block, its been changed and hasnt flashed back up

Reaction score
lol folks!

people better move quick then cause its on pistonheads now, to be fair people will be put off that it hasnt got any service history and its understandable, but i bought the car on the strength of its condition which in my opnion is good

Reaction score
Now now less of that - Just that Im in no desprate need to buy one yet ... Just that I saw one that I could buy out right - I still could with the asking price given - but I just dont think its value for money with the amount of work required... :D

Reaction score
gorilla said:
Now now less of that - Just that Im in no desprate need to buy one yet ... Just that I saw one that I could buy out right - I still could with the asking price given - but I just dont think its value for money with the amount of work required... :D

this aimed at my trophy?

Reaction score
NO NO sorry - This is back from another thread. Your trophy is a very nice looking one. And worth every penny.

is1

Reaction score
So allsmiles, is your dream car a diesel then (see original post)? :-(
Whatever it is, it must be a hell of a car to usurp the Trophy!
Keep going any lower and the breakers will be after it. Just lowering the price isn't necessarily going to shift it. You'll just look like a tart - the car looks a LOT better than that.
Are you on Cliosport? I reckon you'd sell it in a day on there.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have to agree with the above, it may have "issues" but I think you are selling it well short.It's way too cheap for a Trophy, people will just assume it's a dog.

Reaction score
my dream car is a dc2 integra type r and i test drove one the other day and have placed my deposit, the dealership will only offer me a clio sport 182 price(not a trophy price) and i have until next wednesday to sell the trophy privately. if i dont sell the trophy i will have to part ex it for the integra which the dealership has agreed to, but if i can get more privately then its gonna be better than what the dealership offered

its such a shame the car hasnt got history, i dont know if it was lost or whatever and i was meant to chase it up at renault but they werent very helpful, because of the history issue i have gone to the lengths of getting all belts done and water pump when i first bought it, it really drives very well. if people want to think its a dog then its fine by me cause its them who is missing out on a real bargain here, and i really believe if someone bought this car they will be delighted with it

oh and the diesel thing, yes i will be buying myself a cheap diesel aswell for the dog work, i havent seen an integra as clean as the one i am picking up, yes i am taking a loss but i feel i shouldnt miss out on the integra

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I wasn't suggesting that it is actually that, I know you have had the work done. It's just a little gutting to see a perfectly good T selling for £4k :shock:

That's actually less than I paid for the 5GTT

Reaction score
i know where your coming from hoolio, but the fact that its above average mileage and no service history isnt going to generate much interest, my friend who has a 182 with all the extras even said mines was in better condition than his and he has only 55k on the clock

believe me if i had more time i will sit and wait for 5k for it, but i dont have that option