Clio No.2...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
So, I just impulse bought another Clio. Be nice to have one I can drive when the Trophy is tucked up in the garage.

I can also scratch my itch to modify this one :blush:

I'll be looking for some advice soon on where to start. First point will be how to get it handling a close to the Trophy as possible on a reasonable budget. It's currently on standard shocks with cooksport springs.

Its had a scorpion exhaust and decat recently as well as a ktec induction kit.
I'm not convinced its running as nice as it could be but I've only just got it home.

I'm going to trawl through the history and pile of receipts for everything that's been done already.

Attachments

• IMG_20180401_193728.jpg
    IMG_20180401_193728.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20180401_193728.jpg
    IMG_20180401_193728.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
Reaction score
1st question is it a cup packed car?

my refreash list would start with shocks approx front £90 a pair deliverd from ebay. rears around £80.

i would look at wicsh bones with give you new bushes and ball joints.. think theyre about £65 each from rpd.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm a bit confused about whether it's a 182 Cup, or a 182 with Cup pack. It has A/C, electrics etc.

What were the differences in the trim levels?

1st question is it a cup packed car?

my refreash list would start with shocks approx front £90 a pair deliverd from ebay. rears around £80.

i would look at wicsh bones with give you new bushes and ball joints.. think theyre about £65 each from rpd.

Reaction score
If it has cheap seats and same rear bench as the trophy with no air con it's a cup

Air con all the toys and better seats silver alloys normal 182

Grey alloys, toys, seats as above, Bigger rear spoiler and front splitter 182 full fat (ff)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well, I think that's cleared things up.

It's got a front splitter but not sure if rear spoiler is any bigger than normal. Pic attached below. I'm pretty sure it must have a previous owner floating around some of the forums somewhere. Got a Cliosport.net sticker in rear window.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Congrats on the purchase :smile:

I would do what @dablk suggested and look to go for a complete suspension refresh - wishbones, bushes, top mounts, the lot. I recently had this done on my missus' Type-R and it's like a new car again.

As hypocritical as I might risk sounding, I would avoid going too deep and heavy with the engine performance mods side of things. It can get real expensive, real quick, if you want significant gains. Maybe a set of cams when the cambelt is due (and a suitable map) but I'd not look too much further than that.

Other than that, get decent brake discs (standard are good) and pads (uprated) on there along with decent tyres and away you go.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Brakes have all been done since last MOT with Brembo HC discs & Brembo pads from what I can see.
I'm going to have a better crawl about under it whenever its dry this week and see what looks newish, got quite a few receipts for parts but not stated if O/S, N/S or parts replaced in pairs etc.

Belts & Dephaser were done less than 20k miles ago, although it'll be coming up for five years fairly soon so might look into different cam setup at that time.

Drove 100 miles home in it this evening and it drove really nice. No knocks or bumps off it anywhere. Quite pleased!

Congrats on the purchase :smile:

I would do what @dablk suggested and look to go for a complete suspension refresh - wishbones, bushes, top mounts, the lot. I recently had this done on my missus' Type-R and it's like a new car again.

As hypocritical as I might risk sounding, I would avoid going too deep and heavy with the engine performance mods side of things. It can get real expensive, real quick, if you want significant gains. Maybe a set of cams when the cambelt is due (and a suitable map) but I'd not look too much further than that.

Other than that, get decent brake discs (standard are good) and pads (uprated) on there along with decent tyres and away you go.

Reaction score
What I meant was.. does it have cup hubs.. found on cup packed/cup/trophy.

This will dictate which shocks you buy.

Buy this stage it’s almost irrelevant what the visual factory spec was.. more to do with what it now has. Spoilers get replaced/wheels refurbished different colours but very few will have ever converted a non cup car with new driveshafts/hubs/arb to become cup.. so deep down there either cup or non cup.

The difference being the bolt hole spacing means you cannot physically fit cup shocks to non cup or vice verse without engineering the shocks.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah, I know about the whole spacing on the front shocks. I'll get a look at that this week and see. It'll be 60mm spacing if for Cup shocks is that right?

What I meant was.. does it have cup hubs.. found on cup packed/cup/trophy.

This will dictate which shocks you buy.

Buy this stage it’s almost irrelevant what the visual factory spec was.. more to do with what it now has. Spoilers get replaced/wheels refurbished different colours but very few will have ever converted a non cup car with new driveshafts/hubs/arb to become cup.. so deep down there either cup or non cup.

The difference being the bolt hole spacing means you cannot physically fit cup shocks to non cup or vice verse without engineering the shocks.