Reaction score
Dont know if you know this but its on 5th gear later, should be interesting to see how much its moved on.(if any?) :?:

Not to everyones taste I will admit but booked a test drive later this week :oops:

Reaction score
It's been encouraging the usual discussions/arguements on the RSUK forum.. I shall be interested to see it..

I would find it hard to go from the Trophy, which is a limited run special, to a readily available car - I've come to really value exclusivity..! :D

Ste

Reaction score
Should have take a Trophy round not a Cup, would have beaten that turtle car easy :D

Reaction score
I started recording after the feature, thus missed it... Seems I didn't miss
much! Quite clear that it's simply wannabe top gear... T least TG is executed well, their humour on the other hand was quite painful!

Reaction score
Now we just need to get DR, 5th gear or Top gear to do the 200 against the Trophy, :) .
If the cup was only 1sec slower then surly the Trophy would be the same if not better??? :?
You would think that in 5yrs of development they would have progressed more that 1sec, that said i do like the 200, just not in green, and 1sec is 1sec..

Reaction score
Renault claimed the Trophy is 1 second quicker round their track than the Cup in the promo video.

Reaction score
That doesn't surprise me at all.

You have to remember that 5th gear would of been given the 200 to test by Renault and the last thing they want is the old car being better than the new one. People watching the reviews will be influenced by the lap times which gives them reason to upgrade and Renault sell more cars. It's as simple as that.

5th gear did the same thing with the 182 vs CTR review. It's often money that decides the outcome of these races.

Reaction score
Stevie said:
That doesn't surprise me at all.

You have to remember that 5th gear would of been given the 200 to test by Renault and the last thing they want is the old car being better than the new one. People watching the reviews will be influenced by the lap times which gives them reason to upgrade and Renault sell more cars. It's as simple as that.

5th gear did the same thing with the 182 vs CTR review. It's often money that decides the outcome of these races.

It's a very good point.

And that 182 v CTR 5th Gear review did my nut in. All my mates kept saying the CTR was quicker due to the laptime, but in the vid you can clearly see Tiff losing the back end of the 182 on the 2nd to last bend, that'll have lost him 5-10mph, thus by losing by what, 0.3 secs or something?

Had he driven properly the 182 would;ve had the CTR by around 0.5 secs.

5th Gear really is utter bobinho...

Reaction score
Yup, you only have to look at the Topgear times of the 182 vs. CTR where the CTR is a few seconds slower and remember the Trophy is quicker than a 182 with Cup packs anyway.

I have friends with CTRs too and the Trophy is quicker in a straight line and round bends full stop.

Reaction score
The other thing that will come into play is the condition of the car especially suspension/tyres & brakes.

Cup Pack came with Michelins out of the box that were part of cup pack. Who knows what kind of rubber is on it.

Whereas the 200 is factory fresh prepped by Renault.

I remember when 5th Gear had an E30 M3 v's Integrale a few year back. I have never seen a car roll as much as that E30. Clearly not the best example.