Clio 182 wont start

Reaction score
Basically my car was running and starting perfect and then once it had been parked up and I went to start it up again nothing happens.
When I go to turn to the car over, the immobiliser light illuminates and remains in a solid red state - forcing the engine not to turn over and all that can be heard are electrical noises coming inside the engine bay and from the UCH module in the passenger side footwell.
I've made several attempts of trying to get rid of the solid red light after searching the web for some guides (leaving the key in the ignition for so long, holding the central locking button whilst turning the key, etc). But none of them have seemed to work. However, I had managed to lose the red light a few times which I had thought had solved the problem, but as soon as I went to turn the engine over all I could hear was a 'click' and then once I would try it again the solid red light would re-appear.

I have done the following to try and resolve the problem;
- Replaced batteries in key fobs
- Tried it with the spare key (with new battery)
- Cleaned the TDC sensor
- Checked the fuses both in the dashboard and under the bonnet (none blown)
- Checked the condition of the relay pins for any corrosion and swapped them around
- Replaced the battery with a new one
- Checked the condition and cleaned all of the earth straps (3 of them) under the bonnet

I'm not sure where to take it from here, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Its not recognising the keys for some reason? get it to a dealer who can diag the problem.

Could be the uch or the decoder ring on the ign switch or any number of other factors.

Has any work been done on the car recently in that area?

Reaction score
No work has been done in this area, as I said it was working fine and had been for the years that I've owned it until now. Yeah was hoping that I'd be able to tackle the problem myself but I think I've done all I can.

Reaction score
Sounds like a dead battery to me. Change it and then see.

Key and immobiliser fault would still let the engine turnover, just not fire.

- edit - just seen that you already replaced it. Sorry.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I had a very similar problem the last few days! Tried a new battery and that still didn't fix it. After trying to bump start it, the car turned over with good power and started straight away. Not had any problems today so think where it was sat, the starter motor had just seized slightly in the ring gear until it was turned over manually