Reaction score
Guys,

I am needing two new CLIO 182 tyres.

Am I right by saying when you get a 1-2mm of tyre between the marker, its the law to change - illegal to drive it or do u get away with running it down to level?

Anyway I need two new tyres. It came with Michelin exalto 205/45 R16 83V are they the best on the market for this car?

Gogzy

Reaction score
The marker is the absolute minimum the tyre should be worn to.

But speaking from experience it is safer not to get even close to the markers as this has a rather detrimental effect on on grip while turning,breaking and accelerating. This is most noticeable on low speed manouvers with a kind of scrubbing sensation.

As for the best type of tyres the Exalto's are specific to the Trophy as the cars suspension was set up with these tyres in mind.

Have a search on other threads as there is alot more about both subjects elsewhere on the site.

Reaction score
I,m with shabba on that, the michelins are unreal on the trophy, people say others are also

good, but only your own experiance will prove that really. As for the tyre depth, I think

once they are half worn it completely changes the drive of the car, my 172 was the same

The feel of the car is so noticeable when fronts replaced, much more than any other car

ive had front tyres replaced on. I wouldn,t personally wear any tyres down to the wear

indicator as you could pass an mot test , with advise to change them yet get stopped

by the police on your way home and collect three points for his opinion there illegal. Never

right but does happen.

Reaction score
My girlfriends 182 FF with both cup packs is running on Goodyear Eagle F1's. They offer plenty of grip in both wet and dry conditions (IMO i think they are better than the Exalto in the wet). Have no idea which is the most expensive.

Reaction score
Shabba said:
The marker is the absolute minimum the tyre should be worn to.

But speaking from experience it is safer not to get even close to the markers as this has a rather detrimental effect on on grip while turning,breaking and accelerating. This is most noticeable on low speed manouvers with a kind of scrubbing sensation.

As for the best type of tyres the Exalto's are specific to the Trophy as the cars suspension was set up with these tyres in mind.

Have a search on other threads as there is alot more about both subjects elsewhere on the site.

Agree, I'm about to change mine and can notice the difference.

Reaction score
Jimboss said:
My girlfriends 182 FF with both cup packs is running on Goodyear Eagle F1's. They offer plenty of grip in both wet and dry conditions (IMO i think they are better than the Exalto in the wet). Have no idea which is the most expensive.

If you change your exaltos before the markers they are the best 'all round' tyre money can buy period.

I would walk away from any trophy for sale that didn't have exaltos.

Reaction score
True ,from what i've bee told and read about, the Exalto were designed/recommended for the trophy. I wouldn't deviate from them when i come to change my tyres on my trophy, nor would I buy a Trophy without them. They are also a very good tyre choice even if you didn’t own a trophy - .... but I thought the original post was for a standard 182?? Therefore I would guess you could have a bit more flexibility in tyre choice? The F1's are a very good alternative - having driven both cars back to back many times over. Everyone to their own opinion.

Reaction score
Tyres

IMHO Exaltos are the best on a Trophy and I even run them on my phase 1 172 as well.

I've run F1's on other cars and found them to be good but Exaltos are awesome on don't wear too quickly.

As other people have said though its each to there own.

LOL

:D

Reaction score
You can't just get Exalto II's off the shelf! Had to wait 3 days for the last one! Wouldn't have anything else!

Don't understand the wet weather comments on the Exaltos? To me, the trophy is at its most entertaining in the wet!!!