Reaction score
I have been told by a pal to drop my pressures to 20psi all round, will this improove traction, im running crappy tyre and are not bothered by wear rates.......is this reccomened??

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
will cost you in mpg and i wouldn't recommend going quickly in it afterwards.

Biggest reason for lowering tyre pressures for traction is if your taking it off road - larger surface area for the tyres to grip. It won't make a massive difference in overall speed on tarmac 'cause what you may gain in the corners, you'll loose on any straights.

Reaction score
What Cue said.......

Plus, if you go too low you might find that when you try to go around a corner at any speed your car will handle like a rowing boat on a park lake :shock:

Day

Reaction score
36 front 34 rear should do you as a rule.

I'd only use 20 psi in race conditions on a hot day maybe!

Reaction score
big_peaches said:
I have been told by a pal to drop my pressures to 20psi all round, will this improove traction, im running crappy tyre and are not bothered by wear rates.......is this reccomened??

Buy better tyres.

O.

Reaction score
sounds like motor way pressures.......i had t buy budget tyres doh...........i have my self t blame........at least al enjoy wearing these bad boys out

Reaction score
wouldn't go lower than 32/28 at this time of year. 20 is serious track day stuff and will certainly increase wear and rolling resistance.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Most ppl I spoke to on the WW16 were running 29F 27R and that where I run mine on PS3's With XL sidewalls..Seems to be good there..

Reaction score
Nothing wrong just never bothered about it before. Sounds good rik will try that.

Reaction score
I'm sure there's a thread on here where someone did a mildly scientific test at a track day. Or played around with pressures over a few months. I think they came to the conclusion that 32F 30R was optimal on road. That was with original Exalto II's though. I certainly dropped from factory pressures to whatever the suggestion was and found it a transformation. Greater feeling of what the front was doing, less inert in bends, mighty grip (not that it's poor) and it didn't seem to unduly affect tyre wear either.

Found it, including the track day test on page two. The definitive tread I always return to when I forget what pressure to put in! http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk/threads/tyre-pressures.46334/

Last edited: