Reaction score
Trophy No.
wrightyrs said:
Can't wait to see this in the metal when it arrives in December Steve,looks stunning!!!

Although if i was going to change my Integra i'll be waiting for some to come through with a higher spec.
What am i saying i love my Teg!!!! lol

you ordered one yet Wrightyrs :?:

Reaction score
The FD2, it's going to land soon and is already booked in for the SVA and alarm. Likely availability during Feb, I'd expect it to go to a nearly new FN2 owner as those are the guys enquiring.

Edited misconstrued b******s.

Reaction score
I may have used stealing euphemistically to express my confusion, but the observation remains valid. There appears to be two dealers advertising as for sale the same physical car. Is the car for sale via either dealer as there's an established relationship there? OK, then my confusion is gone :)
As far as that middle stanza, I'm still confused as thats immaterial to my original confusion... confused? I am :roll: :wink:

Reaction score
Ahh, typical Internat chatter confusion. I had the impression you had been less than impressed with a cash purchase price from JS. The usual Stealer euphemism.

Were both advertising the car - he has many years Jap import customers, I just have a bit of enthusiasm.

Hopefully that clears that up :)

Reaction score
Yup, I thought someone nicked you photos or something. Regardless I'm too staid and old for CW. It'd have to be boring silver or blue for me :)

Reaction score
That is one crazy handbrake design! I want one so badly it hurts, but sadly I can hardly afford to keep it's spirtual grandfather on the road, doing up flats is an expensive business!

Would you do me 0% finance over 5 years Steve? The deposit being a very well kept DC2, all original with a new clutch and only some missing service history? :lol:

Reaction score
Absolutely gorgeous vehicle, I am very keen but looks like I will have to settle for a DC5 in meantime.

Reaction score
Nice cars those jdm civics. My brother is currently doing a personal import for himself. Test drove one when he was in japan on business and was blown away.

Thing is, I keep telling him; the Honda VTEC - all that lagg and no turbo, its like waiting for bad sex !! :lol: :wink:

Reaction score
Steve said:
That is one crazy handbrake design! I want one so badly it hurts, but sadly I can hardly afford to keep it's spirtual grandfather on the road, doing up flats is an expensive business!

Would you do me 0% finance over 5 years Steve? The deposit being a very well kept DC2, all original with a new clutch and only some missing service history? :lol:

Some taller people have complained about the positioning of the handbrake, as depending on how they sit their leg rubs against it, you do end up resting your leg on it on the motorway but I never found it a problem... some people will complain about anything :shock:

DC2 -> FD2 = :twisted: :D

Reaction score
trophy176 said:
Absolutely gorgeous vehicle, I am very keen but looks like I will have to settle for a DC5 in meantime.

From the prices being paid for DC5 in japan, which seems ongoing, bidders from other countries, closer to Japan and possibly with lower duty are getting in on the act. The last three cars bid on averaged £2500 more! Which would make the prices achieved last summer unachieveable let alone a margin. If this continues, DC5 will be a thing of the past in the UK as an affordable option. FD2 may be the way ahead as they represent better value.

Reaction score
I ve been looking around at the DC5, but for a low mileage example prices are still in the 13 - 14k bracket for an 03 plate. I don't want to pay that much, so going to take time if I purchase.

Reaction score
clarki said:
Nice cars those jdm civics. My brother is currently doing a personal import for himself. Test drove one when he was in japan on business and was blown away.

Thing is, I keep telling him; the Honda VTEC - all that lagg and no turbo, its like waiting for bad sex !! :lol: :wink:

A common misconception about VTEC, it has actually utilises the benefits of two cam profiles, the switchover point being where the torque curve of the first meets the torque curve of the second, therefore maximum torque all the time, it just feels like a wallop as the change in gradient of the torque curve at 6000 revs means the power increase ramps up and then doesn't desist until you bounce of the limiter at 9000. It can seem as though you're slow up until the VTEC point because you get used to the top end power but it's certainly not sluggish or lagged in it's delivery, it couldn't be more the opposite. The cable throttle coupled with a lightened fly-wheel and relatively small capacity engine actually makes the throttle response hair-trigger sharp, something that's hard to replicate in a fly-by-wire system.

Hope that clears things up.

Skulks back to ricers.net where he might have an audience.

Reaction score
trophy176 said:
I ve been looking around at the DC5, but for a low mileage example prices are still in the 13 - 14k bracket for an 03 plate. I don't want to pay that much, so going to take time if I purchase.

I have just bought a nice 2004 53 plate (pre-facelift) DC5 in C W with Red Recaros. May have a C Pack but can't remember. Sounded really nice from the description. Drop me a line if you wanted to do something at a sensible price. All being well car with me end of next week.

Reaction score
Steve said:
clarki said:

A common misconception about VTEC, it has actually utilises the benefits of two cam profiles, the switchover point being where the torque curve of the first meets the torque curve of the second, therefore maximum torque all the time, it just feels like a wallop as the change in gradient of the torque curve at 6000 revs means the power increase ramps up and then doesn't desist until you bounce of the limiter at 9000. It can seem as though you're slow up until the VTEC point because you get used to the top end power but it's certainly not sluggish or lagged in it's delivery, it couldn't be more the opposite. The cable throttle coupled with a lightened fly-wheel and relatively small capacity engine actually makes the throttle response hair-trigger sharp, something that's hard to replicate in a fly-by-wire system.

Shouldn't a fly by wire system working at light speed be quicker response than a cable?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve said:

blah blah blah... no-ones interested lol.....

When are you getting on track in White Lightning?

Reaction score
Really fancy one of the import Type R's. My only problem is that I'm not sure how suitable it will be for my journey to work on the M62. The Trophy is wasted in many ways because of its motorway running.

Reaction score
Iirc the FN2 & FD2 are FBW throttle Steve.

The nicest engine & box I've ever used have been in Hondas....the rest is aren't close.

Corney - They will be fine on the motorway mate, but will hold about 4K @ 70-80ish even in 6th. But don't forget they rev to 8,400rpm so won't feel as hard work as it would in the Clio.