Reaction score
ROCKY BALBOA

To celebrate the nationwide release of 'Rocky Balboa' on 19 January, 20th Century Fox are giving you the chance to attend a FREE screening!

In “ROCKY BALBOAâ€Â, the former heavyweight champion steps out of retirement and back into the ring, pitting himself against a new rival in a dramatically different era. After a virtual boxing match declares Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone) the victor over current champion Mason “The Line†Dixon, the legendary fighter’s passion and spirit are reignited. But when his desire to fight in small, regional competitions is trumped by promoters calling for a live rematch of the cyber-fight, Balboa must weigh the mental and physical risks of a high profile exhibition match against his need to be in the ring. Does Rocky still have what it takes to make another Championship comeback?

The greatest underdog story of our time, is back for one final round.

The 'Rocky Balboa' screenings are on Wednesday 17th January, 6:00pm for 6:30pm.

To get your tickets just go to www.seefilmfirst.com and type in code 97691

Reaction score
DREAMGIRLS

Another lot of tickets for Dreamgirls courtesy of Morgan Stanley

http://www.paramountpictures.co.uk/news ... eening.asp

The screenings take place on Tuesday 23rd January. To get your free preview tickets follow these simple steps.

(1) Select your preferred cinema via the link below
(2) Print this page
(3) Take the print out to your preferred cinema from Tuesday 2nd January 2007
(4) Receive a pair of tickets

The screenings are all first come first served.

York Vue Clifton Moor Centre, Stirling Road, York, North Yorkshire, YO30 4XY 6 for 6.30pm

Birmingham Odeon New Street, B2 4NU 6 for 6.30pm

Cardiff Vue Millennium Plaza, Wood Street, Cardiff, CF10 1LA 6 for 6.30pm

Derby Odeon The Meteor Centre, Mansfield Rd, Derby, Derbyshire DE21 4SY 6 for 6.30pm

Edinburgh Odeon EDINBURGH, Fort Kinnaird, Edinburgh, EH15 3RD 6 for 6.30pm

Fulham Broadway Vue Fulham Broadway Retail Centre, Fulham Road, London, SW6 1BW 6 for 6.30pm

Greenwich Odeon Bugsby's Way, Greenwich, London, SE10 0QJ 6 for 6.30pm

Leeds / Bradford Odeon Gallagher Leisure Park, Thornbury, Bradford BD3 7AT 6 for 6.30pm

Leicester Odeon Freemens Park, 90 Aylestone Road LE2 7LT 6 for 6.30pm

Manchester Vue The Designer Outlet, at The Lowry, The Quays, Salford Quays, Salford M50 3AH 6 for 6.30pm

Port solent Odeon PORT SOLENT, Port Way, Port Solent, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 4TS 6 for 6.30pm

Southampton Odeon LeisureWorld, West Quay Road SO15 1RE 6 for 6.30pm

Wimbledon Odeon 39 The Broadway, The Crescent, London SW19 1QB 6 for 6.30pm

Liverpool Cineworld Montrose Way, Edge Lane Retail Park, Liverpool, L13 1EW 6 for 6.30pm

Sheffield Cineworld Valley Centertainment, Broughton Lane, Sheffield, Yorkshire, S9 2EP 6 for 6.30pm

Reaction score
DREAMGIRLS, Heat screening

go to seefilmfirst.com and enter 917024

CINEMA VENUE DATE FILM STARTS
ODEON, Leeds/Bradford Thursday 25 Jan 6.30 PM
ODEON, Sheffield Thursday 25 Jan 6.30 PM
ODEON, Whiteleys Thursday 25 Jan 6.30 PM
ODEON, Swiss Cottage Thursday 25 Jan 6.30 PM
ODEON, Greenwich Thursday 25 Jan 6.30 PM
ODEON, Southampton Thursday 25 Jan 6.30 PM
ODEON, Cardiff Atlantic Wharf Thursday 25 Jan 6.30 PM
ODEON, Covent Garden Thursday 25 Jan 6.30 PM
ODEON, East Kilbride Thursday 25 Jan 6.30 PM
ODEON, Edinburgh Kinnaird Park Thursday 25 Jan 6.30 PM
ODEON, Oxford Magdalen Street Thursday 25 Jan 6.30 PM
ODEON, Manchester Printworks Thursday 25 Jan 6.30 PM
ODEON, Silverlink Thursday 25 Jan 6.30 PM
ODEON, Liverpool Switch Island Thursday 25 Jan 6.30 PM
Showcase, Birmingham Thursday 25 Jan 7.00 PM
Showcase, Bristol Thursday 25 Jan 6.30 PM
Showcase, Bluewater Thursday 25 Jan 7.00 PM
Showcase, Nottingham Thursday 25 Jan 7.00 PM
Showcase, Reading Thursday 25 Jan 7.00 PM
Movie House, Dublin Road Thursday 25 Jan 6.30 PM

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
went to see babel last night....... not one I'd recommend, not a bad film but it takes ages to tell the story and doesn't have point at the end.....

bit wishy washy for me, god knows how it's got all the golden globe nominations... good scenery, acting is good but nothing out of the norm. Strange story about a random shooting and the spin of consequences of it across 3 different stories.... some very 'wrong' scenes also... if you see it you'll now what i mean.

all in all not one i'd be revisiting - it'll be interestin to see what the critics make of it.

Reaction score
I liked it :oops: and I'd recommend it!

I quite liked the idea of the stories being tied up together at the end.
I enjoyed the fact that they kept the original language and the film was subtitled. This is kind of rare. The Spanish and French translations were good.
The Japanese story is a bit strange but I can see where the girl is coming from.

I thought the acting was good and so was the story. Thumbs up from me!

Maybe Drexel will give his point of view on that one.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Audrey 286 said:

I enjoyed the fact that they kept the original language and the film was subtitled. This is kind of rare. The Spanish and French translations were good.
The Japanese story is a bit strange but I can see where the girl is coming from.

The stories being tied together has been done by loads of films though. For me it dragged out the story too much, they could have wrapped it up in under two hours and still kept the body of the film and overal story together. The only actor/ess that seemed challenged was the spanish woman and possibly the Morrocan geezer with the kids. I am probably being picky to be fair....

If it aint got cars, fighting, sex, ghosts, gore, laughter or a complex twist to it then i do get bored easily...... about the only twist was with that girl and that wasn't really a twist. without giving away the film ...... she's as guilty as sin, lock her up immediately and he gave the gun away for a reason - so do him for helping her.

For me they could have made more about the effort to rescue Pitt and Blanchet - had some arse kicking in the embassy with Jason bourne being flown in to race through the streets of mexico in a 60's mini etc etc... :)

Reaction score
I was well into it so don't think it dragged on.

I'm into all sorts of films so maybe why I liked that one! You would like Hard Candy then! The worst film I've seen in ages! Talk about wrong and twisted...

I thought the girl would commit suicide TBH. She's obviously got loads of issues, and you've got to give it to her that she hasn't got an easy life. Hence the whole confidence issue, although you've got to be a bit confident to do what she does! :?

It can't be easy either for that Spanish lady. You'd be devasted if that happened to you.

Having some Morrocan friends back home. What is depicted is close to the truth, bar the shooting but it could happen I guess.
As for the rescue, what you suggest would have made a completely different film!! Maybe more on how useless the embassy is and how helpless Pitt must have felt would have been good but it would have made the film longer!!

Yes you are picky!! :lol:

Reaction score
Audrey 286 said:

I dont normaly watch films of this type but i actualy enjoyed it. I felt sorry for the mexican woman, i wouldnt want to be in her position, and tht dam nefue, i could have killed him!
Didnt notice how long it went on for until some people were sayng that it went on for such a long time when they were leaving the cinema.

Thanks for the ticket again Audrey!

Reaction score
I was so into it I never noticed people were leaving!!

Rocky tonight. My housemates are going and I've got a spare tix Andy. Unless you managed to get yours? Let me know.

ROCKY BALBOA tonight!

There are only tickets left for Worcester & Exeter Vue Cinemas. Other venues are already full.
Just enter code 97691 on www.seefilmfirst.com

Hope this helps someone!

Reaction score
Notes on a Scandal was a really good drama.
Both actresses were excellent.

Not really looking forward to Rocky as I have a feeling it will be rubbish! I hope to be proven wrong though!!

Some of the Golden Globes winners for those interested:
Babel, best motion pic (drama)
Dreamgirls, best motion pic (musical), best supporting actor (Murphy) and actress
Last King of Scotland, best actor (Whitaker)
Cars, best motion pic (animated)
Grey's Anatomy, best TV drama

Agree with everything, except Cars and Dreamgirls as I've not seen these films yet!

Reaction score
I liked rocky! Not really a film for the women and i thought the fight scene could have gone on for longer!

Thanks for the ticket again auds

Reaction score
FOR LONDONERS:

Free Cinema at Canary Wharf 31st Jan/17th Feb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of dates to note down in your diary:

China comes to Canary Wharf to coincide with the Mayor of London’s China In London season, so you can combine a shopping trip with some big-screen entertainment.

The East Wintergarden will host free screenings of two classic Chinese films, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Springtime in a Small Town. On both evenings Chinese food and a cash bar will be available.

When: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, 31 January - 7.30pm
Springtime in a Small Town, 17 February - 7.30pm.

Where: East Wintergarden, Canary Wharf

Reaction score
FOR LONDONERS AGAIN

More free films to celebrate Chinese New Year

Films at National Portrait Gallery, 2 St Martin’s Place, WC2

The Road Home
15 February, 7pm
A love story by Zhinag Yimou (1999, English subtitles).

Happy Together
22 February, 1pm
A relationship goes wrong when two friends travel to Argentina and try to return home. Directed by Wong Kar-Wai (1997, English subtitles).

Price: Free

Reaction score
SCIENCE OF SLEEP

Channel 4/Film4 http://www.channel4.com/film/chatvotewi ... ition.html have a competition to win tickets to the Science of Sleep at UK screenings on Sunday 11th Feb 2007.

The answer to the question is "eternal sunshine..." (directed by Michel Gondry)

Tickets available for:

brighton - Duke of York
London- greenwich picturehouse
London - Brixton ritzy
Southampton - Harbour Lights
Bath - Little Theatre
Oxford - Picturehouse
Edinburgh - Cameo
London - Everyman, Hampstead

Reaction score
NOTES ON A SCANDAL

Barbara Covett is a lonely teacher who develops an unrequited infatuation with her school's newest staff member, the beautiful Sheba Hart. When Barbara catches Sheba in an affair with a student, she uses her knowledge to place Sheba in her debt...a situation she hopes will give her the upper hand in their relationship.

Oscar Nominations (4)
Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role, Judi Dench
Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role, Cate Blanchett
Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures (Original Score)
Adapted Screenplay

Opportunity to see a preview of this superb film before it opens in cinemas on 2nd February.
Chelmsford
Bournemouth
Hull
Edinburgh
Swansea
Cardiff
Derby
For tickets go to www.seefilmfirst.com - code: 90772

More Notes on an Scandal, only for London, thanks to the Evening Standard
ODEON, Covent Garden Tuesday 30 Jan 6.30 PM - FULL
ODEON, Greenwich Tuesday 30 Jan 6.30 PM - FULL
ODEON, Kingston upon Thames Tuesday 30 Jan 6.30 PM
ODEON, Lee Valley Tuesday 30 Jan 6.30 PM
ODEON, West Thurrock ODEON
For tickets go to www.seefilmfirst.com - code: 46310

Reaction score
No more screenings at the moment Audrey?

I signed up to a couple of the sites you had listed but havent received any invites to screenings :(