ODEON, Liverpool City (London Road) Monday 20 Nov 6.15 PM
ODEON, Norwich Monday 20 Nov 6.15 PM
ODEON, Panton Street Monday 20 Nov 6.15 PM
ODEON, Manchester Printworks Monday 20 Nov 6.15 PM
ODEON, Southend on Sea Monday 20 Nov 6.15 PM
ODEON, Whiteleys Monday 20 Nov 6.15 PM
ODEON, West Thurrock Monday 20 Nov 6.15 PM

Just got my ticket for Leicester :D
If anyone fancies meeting up in Leicester, let me know.

Reaction score
Right, let me explain then.

Previews are free screenings of films prior to their release to the general public. I guess it is a good way to promote the film from word of mouth.

It can be any film, any genre and not always at the same cine. It is always around 18-18h30 weekdays, and normally 10h-10h30 at the weekends. They obviously do it out of rush hour!

The way to get the tickets varies. You either visit a website (see above) where you may have to register your details for the first time- no problems, you odn't get spam or junk, been registered for years! and you enter a code, or you visit a website, print the page and get the tickets directly from the cine. It can also be from a magazine. I'll always post how to get the tickets obviously!! :wink:

If you want to have an idea of some of the films this year, have a look here:
http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/community ... IC_ID=6037
It's mostly a film listing as not many people comment which is a shame.

If should have posted it earlier on CT but I was doing it on RS already so thought most people would see it there!

Any more questions??? :lol:

One last thing, you need to be quick in getting the tickets!

Reaction score
Nothing in London! Guess they don't care about the most populous city in the UK then... :)

O.

Day

Reaction score
oliie said:
Nothing in London! Guess they don't care about the most populous city in the UK then... :)

O.
Should of gone to Specsavers...

ODEON, Camden Town Monday 20 Nov 6.15 PM
ODEON, Kingston upon Thames Monday 20 Nov 6.15 PM
ODEON, West Thurrock Monday 20 Nov 6.15 PM
ODEON, Whiteleys W2 Monday 20 Nov 6.15 PM
ODEON, Panton Street SW1 Monday 20 Nov 6.15 PM

All of those are inside the M25!

Reaction score
:lol: well spotted Day!

Ollie, once you put your glasses on, you will see that they are a lot in London.
Like I explained, the venues vary from film to film. So just keep an eye out for them. :wink:

And do let me know if you attend what you thought of the film. It's always nice to exchange point of views.

Reaction score
A special one for Ollie! in LONDON!!!!!!!

Thanks to Future Movies:-
FREE preview screening in London

First come first served; you get 2 tickets each to see either Big Nothing or Black Christmas.
Big Nothing
Stars Simon Pegg & David Scwimmer
special preview screening of Big Nothing on Wednesday 22nd November evening in central London. If you would like to come along please email chloe@greenroom-digital.com with your name and contact phone number. It will be first come, first served.

Black Christmas - 2006 Horror remake of 1974 original
special preview screening of Black Christmas on Monday 4th December evening in central London. If you would like to come along please email chloe@greenroom-digital.com with your name and contact phone number. It will be first come, first served.

Reaction score
See it 1st and for free! To celebrate the release of STRANGER THAN FICTION, Heat are holding preview screenings across the UK!

Karen Effiel is an author writing her latest novel about an isolated man named Harold Crick. What she doesn't know is that her fictionalized character is real. The real Harold Crick is an IRS agent who has lived a dull existence and one day begins to hear Karen's voice as she narrates what she puts on paper to what Harold has and is doing. Because of this Harold insists the help of a literary professor to find out what is happening and ends up changing things about his life including beginning a relationship with his IRS client, a government-hating bakery owner named Ana Pascal. Harold, however, finds trouble when he hears that Karen plans to kill him.

Screenings take place at 6pm for 6:30pm on Wednesday 22 November at 20 cinemas all over the UK. To receive a pair of tickets, take this week’s copy of Heat to the box office of a participating cinema – but remember, it’s first come, first serves, so act now to avoid disappointment.

Participating Cinemas:

Bath - Odeon, James Street West
Birmingham - Odeon, New Street
Brighton - Odeon, Kibngswest, West Street
Cardiff - Odeon, Atlantic Wharf Leisuer Park, Hemingway Road
Dublin - Odeon, Blanchardstown (fomerly UCI), Dublin 15
Edinburgh Kinnaird Park - Odeon, Fort Kinnaird
Glasgow Quay – Odeon, Springfield Quay, Paisley Road
Hull - Odeon, Kingston Park
Kingston - Odeon, Rotunda, Clarence Street
Leeds/Bradford – Odeon, Gallagher Leisure Park, Thornbury
Liverpool City – Odeon, London Road
London Covent Garden – Odeon, Shaftesbury Avenue
London Greenwich – Odeon, Greenwich Peninsula
Maidenhead - Odeon, Broadway, Grenfell Island
Manchester – Odeon, Printworks, Dantzic Street
Milton Keynes - Odeon, Midsummer Boulevard
Norwich - Odeon, Riverside
Oxford - Odeon, Magdalen Street
Sheffield – Odeon, Arundel Gate
Southampton – Odeon, Leisure World

Reaction score
This is the hottest ticket of the year! We are holding EXCLUSIVE SCREENINGS of the Hilarious BIG NOTHING starring UK hero Simon Pegg. Don't miss it!

Big Nothing is the story of Charlie Wood (David Schwimmer), a frustrated, unemployed teacher who decides to take revenge on life by embarking on a supposedly fool-proof blackmailing scheme with an unpredictable scammer Gus Dickinson (Simon Pegg) and Josie McBroom (Alice Eve) an ambitious former teenage beauty queen turned con-artist. But, when absolutely nothing goes according to plan and things rapidly go from unimaginably bad to worse, he discovers that little in life is fool-proof ...

Set in Big Falls, Oregon, Big Nothing stars David Schwimmer (Friends); award-winning British comedy actor Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead) and hot young acting talent Alice Eve(Starter For Ten), with Jon Polito, Natascha McElhone and Mimi Rogers in the strong supporting cast. The film is directed by Jean -Baptiste Andre (Dead End).

The film isn't in cinemas until December 1st, but we are holding exclusive preview screenings at 9 lucky locations across the UK on Sunday November 26th 11:00 for 11:30am at the following Cineworlds:

Bristol - Hengrove Leisure Park
Cardiff - Mary Ann St
Birmingham - 181 Broad Street,
Sheffield - Valley Centertainment
Nottingham - The Corner House
Glasgow - 7 Renfrew Street
Stockport - 4 Grand Central Square
Cheltenham - The Brewery
Wandsworth - Southside Centre

To get your hands on tickets for these screenings all you need to do is to print out this page, take it down to one of the listed box-offices from Wednesday 15th November 19:00 (until they run out) and exchange it for 2 FREE tickets.

Terms and Conditions
1) Tickets are subject to availability and are issued on a first-come, first served basis.
2) Photocopies of the web page voucher will not be accepted.
3) Text of the web page voucher copied into an e-mail will not be accepted.
4) No cash alternative.
5) Neither voucher nor admission tickets will be re-sold.
6) Voucher must be surrendered upon use.
7) Only one pair of tickets will be issued per voucher.
8) Only one voucher per transaction per person.

PLEASE NOTE:A limited number of tickets are available which will be allocated on a first-come-first served. In case of dispute the Cinema Manager's decision is final.

Reaction score
Ollie, and another one! Stop moaning now!! :lol:

Win free tickets for an After Dark film at the BFI IMAX, London Waterloo, during November - 40 pairs to be won!

The BFI IMAX at Waterloo, London SE1 brings back its popular evening programming strand After Dark this week, showing either current hit films or classic favourites so you can catch them again on the big screen.

Films will be shown in their original theatrical 35mm format using traditional cinema projection (NB. not IMAX or IMAX DMR). The image will fill approximately one third of the screen and will be one of the largest pictures in London, with top quality sound. With a superb view from steeply raked seating and alcoholic drinks available to buy - and take into the screen - it's one of the best cinemas in the UK in which to watch a movie.

We have 10 pairs of tickets to be won for each of the films in the November After Dark programme:

Thursday 23rd November - Devil Wears Prada (David Frankel, 2006)
Thursday 30th November - The Departed (Martin Scorsese, 2006)

For details on future After Dark programmes go to www.bfi.org.uk/imax (or via the link below) or check local listings.

How to win a pair of tickets!

Simply send an email to screenings@moviebeat.co.uk

As the title of the email put the name of which film you would like to attend in capitals, then in the contents state your name, telephone and address.

We will contact all winners by the Tuesday before each screnning.

Reaction score
AUDREY, I don't want to have to black flag you for spamming, this isn't a film site! :lol:

Reaction score
:lol: a fight, YES!! is it gonna be Bridget Jones style?!! :wink:

Oi Steve, Mr Moderator!!! I'm doing my bit for the greater good of this community. :lol:
This is no spam. :cry: :lol:
Have you booked tickets for "Stranger than Fiction"? :wink:

Reaction score
STRANGER THAN FICTION is released in the UK and Ireland on 1st December (cert. 12a. Age restrictions will apply), but you can see it first courtesy of Film 2006 and Sony Pictures Releasing on Wednesday the 29th November.

We've got screenings in:
Belfast - Movie House, Dublin Road
Bath - Odeon, Kingsmead
Bolton - Vue
Birmingham - Odeon,
Glasgow - Odeon, Paisely Road
Oxford - Odeon, George Street
York - Vue
Cardiff - Odeon, Atlantic Warf
Leeds - Vue
Liverpool - Odeon
Manchester - Odeon, Printworks
Norwich - Odeon
Whiteleys - Odeon
Southampton - Odeon, West Quay Road
Edinburgh - Vue

Free tickets to see 'Stranger Than Fiction' with BBC Film 2006:
Go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/film2006/...creening.shtml
*All screenings are at 6pm for a 6.30pm showing*

Reaction score
Has anyone seen "the Last King of Scotland" last night? What did you think?

FILM REVIEW from me!
Fairly well attended, definitely an older crowd, and I know why now!! Not having read the sinopsis, I was foolishly expecting a film about Scotland set in the Middle Ages... how wrong! The sinopsis I've read just now gives away all the story so I'm delighted not to have read it!
I won't give anything away, except that it's a film based in Uganda on the dictatorship of President Amin. So not a light film!
James McAvoy gives another great performance, very different to "Starter for Ten" or "Inside I'm Dancing". He's a great actor.
I'm unsure about the balance fiction / reality and whenever McAvoy's character really existed.
But it is a good film, with some nasty scenes of violence. One in particular is stuck in my mind and quite hard to get rid of as it's very very graphic and sick.