Reaction score
My batteries died :(

However when trying to jump start it off another car it turns over but wont catch.

If the battery is totally caput will it not start off the leads?

Anoyone got any clues?

Reaction score
Yep. . . .

Immobiliser. Been posted up a few times before so may need to do a search. Basically need to keep turning the engine on the first click until you see the red light in the centre of the dash change from the usual sequence when it doesnt start (cant remember what it is). You may need to do this upwards of 20 times, but as you are not doing it to the point that the engine catches it wont do any harm.

There was also the advice of trying your second set of keys if you have them.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Wigstars right, i had this problem with mine, i eventually started using my second key as it worked better, but it still had the odd moment. it's all fixed now though, i just make sure i start the car after the red light on the dash does it's thing.
Really annoying problem though, especially when it does it on a petrol station forecourt!! :lol:

Reaction score
Cheers for replies.

Now fixed :D

Got a nice new battery then done this (from cliosport):

1. Turn key to position 2
2. Disconnect battery for 3 mins
3. Re-connect
4. Take out key lock car
5. unlock and start

Worked like a dream, ya little beaut! :)

Reaction score
Hinckley, Leics. *182 breaking for spares*
I'm having this problem now and have tried the above method along with any other i can find on the forums but still no joy.
Red light on dials is staying solid when ignition is on.
If you turn the key straight round it will crank twice then stop.
If you let the lights settle before trying it does nothing.
Have tried both keys, both the same.
Battery is fully charged.
Relays are clicking but fuel pump is not priming.

Open to all suggestions.

Reaction score
wigstar1 said:
Yep. . . .

Immobiliser. Been posted up a few times before so may need to do a search. Basically need to keep turning the engine on the first click until you see the red light in the centre of the dash change from the usual sequence when it doesnt start (cant remember what it is). You may need to do this upwards of 20 times, but as you are not doing it to the point that the engine catches it wont do any harm.

There was also the advice of trying your second set of keys if you have them.

Good luck.

Yeah, im gonna try this on mine tomorrow, as i have the same problem - so fingers crossed for both of us

Reaction score
Yeah, im gonna try this on mine tomorrow, as i have the same problem - so fingers crossed for both of us

used this yesterday just kept tring car as battery had gone flat came to life in the end!
Was turning over after battery was charged but not firing and immobilizer light was on solid.

Reaction score
errr ...its one fo the alternator brackets.(mounts top of alternator to engine above oil filter. i wouldnt be moving that car if its not attached. If your brand new battery isnt charged then i would be worried that the alternator isnt tight on the belt. if the aux belt aint tight.. it "could" end up in you timing belt. you will then be engine shopping.

Reaction score
Seems to be catching, just had to put a fresh battery on my Trophy yesterday.
Russ

Last edited: