Reaction score
Not a horror story this time. Now that I'm 29 I don't have to worry about the cost of insurance anymore. But my renewal has just came up. I have five years no claims bonus, living in hemel hempstead, 8000 miles per year. I'm currently with Privilege. Their renewal was £523 protected. But I decided as its the credit crunch and ditch the protection. So I got a quote from Greenlight - £432.70 unprotected. But would be £475 protected, so still cheaper like for like. Plus they are mod friendly, optional trackday insurance, etc... Very recommended. Woo hoo :lol:

Reaction score
Thats not a bad quote but i thought it would be even cheaper for you since your 29,
Im 20 and im £900 with 1 years no claims, I was hopeing this year mine will come down alot in july since i will be hitting 21, and folk say 21 is the bracket that alot of insurance companys use to class you a young driver or not.
I hope so anyways :D

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Mine started to drop when i turned 21!
Insurance is one of the few things that get better with age :roll:

Reaction score
I recently renewed my insurance. Tesco wanted £405. Told them that was too much. after some negotiation with their customer retention dept, they went down to £359. Still not happy, I thought I'd contact Norwich Union. got a quote of £289 and had recovery thrown in for free! They quoted me happy!!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Im 20 and im £900 with 1 years no claims,

Thats not fair ! Im 22 in a week and my insurance is due for renewal then, Im with Greenlight and just got a renewal quote for £870 with 3 years no claims !

Who you with fella.

Reaction score
well iv just turned 23 in december and i pay £378.00!! which is actually £30 cheaper than what i was paying for the r27! with tescos by the way!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
BenG said:
Im 20 and im £900 with 1 years no claims,

Thats not fair ! Im 22 in a week and my insurance is due for renewal then, Im with Greenlight and just got a renewal quote for £870 with 3 years no claims !

Who you with fella.

My renewal has just come through from greenlight (£390) so i did i quick compare the meercat and the cheapest was about £220 (i didn't declare my mods) so my mods premium is 40% of my Greenlight quote.

Remember a lot of companies will not touch you if you modify your car.

Reaction score
Not bad considering you've gone to the wrong comparisson site as well.

Mine is 480 with greenlight but bunged my details into privilege the other day and came back with low £300's so it could be a good year for me.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hoolio. I also have to declare a couple of extra mods on top of the £870 renewal price. I will stick with Greenlight as they are mod friendly and the track cover etc is worth the premium. I will ring tomorrow to declare the mods and see how much it bumps up the premium. [-o<

£220 !! You must be an oldie ! :)

I am hoping next year when I have 4 years NCB (touch wood) it will drop quite a bit.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah, thanks mate :evil:

I actually probably am in my dotage in comparison with most of you guys, i also have a stack of PNC which also adds a little. Strangely my £500 s reg van looks like it might cost more than that having gone up 60% :shock:

The extra mods shouldn't bump up the premium but they may charge you an admin fee.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Surely they will not charge an administration fee before the insurance has even been taken out !

Im wondering what they will say when I tell them I have camber bolts fitted, im not sure running extra -ve camber on the road is legal?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just been thinking that, no they won't charge you it'll just be put down in the agreement.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Jonc said:
I recently renewed my insurance. Tesco wanted £405. Told them that was too much. after some negotiation with their customer retention dept, they went down to £359. Still not happy, I thought I'd contact Norwich Union. got a quote of £289 and had recovery thrown in for free! They quoted me happy!!

I hope you don't have to claim on that policy! NU are horrible to deal with, plus they use call centres with people who follow scripts. If its not on their list then expect to get angry as they won't understand what you're on about.