Car Cover.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not got a garage for putting my Trophy in over the winter once it's here so I was thinking of getting a cover. I hear good and bad about them though. What's people's thoughts and anyone got a recommendation cover wise?

Ta

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Personally im not keen on them, as they can scratch the paint, as when the wind blows the cover can move around, also if its wet for any prolonged period the car doesn't dry out, and can "sweat" under the cover...
I have used a "carcoon" in the past, There like a bubble,,but they don't come cheap...

Reaction score
What Dave said is true of the cheap off the shelf covers, but the quality custom fitted ones from the likes of Everycarcovered.com are very good I used a weatherpro on my Trophy but the winter version or the extremepro may be better for you.

Reaction score
Car covers are bad for your car. But without a garage it's which is the lesser of two evils.

I use one to protect mine from tree sap, bird poo and the like.

Go into it knowing the risks and you won't be surprised.

Mine is a Stormforce cover, worth checking out.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I believe these covers are fleece lined so they won't scratch the paint and they are also breathable.

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 00.41.41.png Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 00.43.34.png Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 00.43.57.png

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cheers for all the answers. I'm thinking it's better to have than have not so I'll check out the recommendations.

Reaction score
Unless you're getting a load of tree sap or live near a quarry / cement works or similar, I would not bother.

I had a Covercraft Noah on my GT3 on and off for a few years & eventually after a long period when the cover was wet it damaged the paint.

The GT3 is under a Carcoon now as it doesn't get driven very often, but the other cars just get washed when they need it & waxed a couple of times a year.