Reaction score
Alright just done 930miles and doesn't really seem as quick as the clio 182 cup I took out with the dealer. I could really feel the kick at 5000-5500rpm but don't seem to feel it in the trophy. The dealer told me of a person with a trophy when I was going to order one so telephoned the person so I could see it. I went there he drove and also let me drive and that 1 didn't have such a kick but did feel faster than mine and it had around 500miles on. Do you reckon it had a harder break-in than mine because I have stuck to when at good operating temp:
around 4000rpm till 300miles
then went around 5000rpm sometimes till 600miles
Now just increasing to 6000rpm and still don't feel it. Will it get quicker should I give it some stick or keep to the plans what should I do?

hyb

Reaction score
Its probably to do with the way you've run it in. The engine management has learnt to work the way you've been driving it, I would drive it hard the next couple of days everywhere and see if it adjusts.

Reaction score
Well i don't pick up my trophy until tomorrow but I picked up my 182 full fat with 2900 miles on it 6 months ago and after about 7000 miles it did feel quicker. I will run my trophy in a similar way to you. Then once over 1000 miles i will open it up for the next 500 or so miles.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
quite the opposite for me - at 5k its like someone flicking a switch and it pulls like hell - try it in second with full throttle ie foot right down.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
King Stromba said:
To bed the engine in with synthetic oil in it you will have to thrash the nuts off it.

Yeah definitely. If they have fully synth in from the start then that would explain how they do seem to loosen up very slowly.

Mines nowhere near as loose as my 30k mile 172 was yet, but its noticable that its pulling harder after the last trackday.

Reaction score
mine has done 900 mls and I am planning to put mobil 1 in it but didnt seem as fast as 182 cup I tested with 2000mls on so am going to wait till it loosens up some more

Reaction score
i noticed mine didnt have any kick till around 700 or so miles then just kinda got better every time after that.. although i felt it was very flat at or around 4-5.5k revs

Ive just fitted the ITG induction kit yesterday and ill see if helps it as not had much chance as yet.. on inital driving seemed bit better and dyno shows 7 bhp increase with about 7nm torque

car got 153 bhp on dyno also(1200 miles reckons would get better as more miles on car)

noise is louder from engine initally ive noticed but will see

rodger
:)

Reaction score
Am I right in thinking that a front engined front wheeled drive car would lose less power at the wheels than a front engined rear wheeled? :?:

Reaction score
my understanding is over 250 bhp front wheel drive struggles as too much torque going through from end and tendency to lift or spin with more power, whereas rear end obv has weight and force of power down onto rear end converting more power in forward motion irrespective of power being supplied obv a real wheel front engined car needs prop shaft to drive rear axle and potentially more power loss(maybe wrong) but because weight is towards rear obv more grip due to force downwards on suspension can also handle more power..

so yes id say it would but its capable of taking more power than frontwheel drive as aresult and if lu ook at other cars tvr,noble.etc in main either prop shaft or rear/mid engined and drive to rear as result with longer or short drive shafts to convert forward motion weight to driving axle :?:

Reaction score
Its probably to do with the way you've run it in. The engine management has learnt to work the way you've been driving it, I would drive it hard the next couple of days everywhere and see if it adjusts.

I think you might have something here, I have 900 miles on mine now and up until the last 3 days its been going like a trocket from 5K upwards.

The last 3 days its completely gone, and its no coincidence that I have been doing 50-60mph at about 2.5K revs in 5th gear for long stretches on the motorway for this period of time.

Reaction score
I have just started driving the car hard after its fully warmed up and I've done around 50miles now really giving it :lol: full up the rev range in all gears except 5th. How many miles till the car adjusts to the way I'm driving it?