N24

Reaction score
Hi
Please can someone confirm if the Trophy does or doesn't use Can Bus?

Muchos gracias

Reaction score
It does have a can-bus type system but it is very basic, the mains of the system is called the UCH have a search on google your find more on that, but the system is no where near as complicated as other systems such as VW's or Audi's.

As for the T the UCH controls such things like Instrument Cluster, ABS and ECU. It may also hold info for immobilizer but not too sure never looked into it much.

Hope you don't mind me asking but what was the reason for the question?

N24

Reaction score
Thanks - not sure it resolves my problem...

I have a pioneer head unit - and was trying to use a Connects2 loom to get the radio stalk control to operate the head unit.
So bought the Clio 2005 loom - but stalk controls fail to work- question posed is "does my car use can bus" - in which case there's a different loom...
Has anyone else used stalk controls with an aftermarket head unit?
Thanks!

Reaction score
I have an Alpine unit in my Trophy.
The stalk controls work perfectly.
Shane

Reaction score
Depending on what lead you use yes and no. The lead from stalk to back of clock is a standard resistor ladder and is much simpler to (ab)use but requires dash removal to get at. The yellow plug behind the head unit is can bus or at worst some i2c bus which does display and stalk. As for the rest of the system, as above, i believe it is a 'basic' can bus

Reaction score
Answer to your question above is you want the can-bus cable from connects 2 part no. is CTSRN005, the part you have is for the older Tuner Lists (P/N: CTSRN004) by the sound of it not the newer Update List.

As for dash display is is possible however only via a Alpine head unit and from what iv seen alpine are no longer selling the cables so there a tad hard to find. This adapter however from memory as stated above requires the removal of the center console so you can plug the connector directly into the back of the screen.

Reaction score
The Mk2 Clio is not canbus, evidence of this is when you try and fit the update list headunits from newer renaults they don't work.

I havent used one of the Connects2 adapters, but I have used the autoleads one (which I could never get to work) and two different Genuine Alpine ones which do work.

Oh and the UCH is not canbus, it is simply a body control ecu which uses software and transistors to switch current instead of relays.

Reaction score
The units still connect to each other hence the reason why the ABS talks to the ECU, well it does on mine as i have an ABS fault on mine with regards to the communication between the ECU and the ABS unit. If you can explain that one when there is no can-bus system as i have a fault code for it in both ABS and ECU systems then please let me know.

Reaction score
They are linked yes, but not by can bus. ECU takes several signals from the ABS unit the main one being the speed signal. If you have ESP there is even more intereaction between the two.
I may be able to help with your fault but I'd rather not steer this thread off topic, start another one and link me to it.

Last edited:

N24

Reaction score
Brilliant - thanks - & yes I have the ctrsn004 - need the 05. Cheers!

Reaction score
Brilliant - thanks - & yes I have the ctrsn004 - need the 05. Cheers!

Did using the 05 lead work? I bought the earlier type as it said 'up to 2005' with the later lead saying 2005 onwards so (probably wrongly) assumed this aligned with the changeover to the new model clio and it doesn't work in my car. Before I return it I'd like to know the other one will work!

Thanks,
John.