Reaction score
What camber does the Trophy run in relation to a normal 182.

I assume if its a track orientated car it will run heavy negative camber (nearly 3 degrees?) like a tarmac rally car?

Reaction score
no because they have had to compromise for the road, there is no way you could have 3 deg of neg camber for normal road driving the steering would be way to skitish.

at the end of the day all car manufactures have to compromise in some way or another

Reaction score
The front is about 0.20'/30' negative and the rear just over 1.20' degree (my garage floor is not level, so the gauge readings are a bit misleading- but this is an average). The Challenge cars are 3.00 degrees. Apart from 'camber bolts', which effective reduce the bolt diameter from 14 to 12mm, does any one have any ideas on the best way to increase camber. I intend to do hill climbs and spints and want to at least 1.30'

Reaction score
Id just use camber bolts. I know people say they weaken the struts but i have been told about people running them on 16v track cars for years with no problems.

At the end of the day people put 10 year old cars on track with no problem. What would be stronger a 14mm bolt from a 10 year old valver or a brand new 12mm camber bolt? My money is on the camber bolt.

Reaction score
The problem is that they need a very high clamping load - recommended 170 NM in the Clio Challenge Manual and I am not sure whether the 12mm's are then still in their safe working range. Will have to check with my technical colleagues at work.